2 inch backpack dredge Keene

W

wally62us

Just wondering if anyone out there has a new keene 2 inch backpack dredge. I am not sure if it is put together right. Keene's instructions are terrible. Plus talked to patrick keene. He was no help at all, he didn't even send me photos of the inside of the sluice like he said he would. I guess after you have your money who cares. Any way, there is no adjustment for the sluice box for the angle. So if anyone out there has one that can post some pics looking into the sluice box that would be great.

Utduder

Oct 12, 2012
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To bad you'd think a company that big could afford some customer service. Good luck Wally let me know when ya get it together so I can tagalong an check it out. I might purchase one next spring.

OP
OP
W

wally62us

Yea really. That would be good. You are more than welcome. We are thinking about American Fork next week end, to try it out, if you are interested.

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There should be two brackets that slide up and down the frame that the sluice box bolts to. If you go to Keenes website and look at the pics they have there it should explain it better. I have the same thing myself.

OP
OP
W

wally62us

I think I have that part right. How far do you put the sluice on the rails? Is there a way to adjust the angle of the sluice?

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one of those fool things. About 5 years now. I learned by looking at photos on various web sites and trial and error. No particularly web site comes to mind right now. Long ago. Got tried of the plug up's and quit using it. Trial and error. Good luck.

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take some pictures and post them, shouldn't be too hard to figure out. One thing about emails, it's easy to screw up address and for spam filters to send them to the dumpster.

dredge_600_pix.jpg
dredge_2_600_pix.jpg
2004PJF.jpg
2004PSNF.jpg
188285076.jpg
188285594_full.jpg
347174d1332409646-buying-keene-4-dredge-img_0610.jpg

The next and the attached are from:
DredgeNZ - Gold Dredge Manufactures | 2

file_1_10.jpg

Very large image (attached thumbnail), you can open it and then click it to zoom. Or go to the link and double click the photo. You can see the wingnut missing from the slot:

Attachments

• file_49.jpg
    file_49.jpg
    490.2 KB · Views: 4,255

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DREDGING IS ILLEGAL IN KALIF SO GET FINED-GO TO JAIL OR LOSE YOUR NEW TOY AND MASSIVE FINES ALSO ARE POSSIBLE. That tiny puddle pumper ain't worth it-go to Oregon or Nevada--John

OP
OP
W

wally62us

Hoser John I pack my dredge in 10 miles to get lots of gold. Could you do that with boat u use

OP
OP
W

wally62us

Those are awesome picks. Thank you so much. That helps a lot.

Utduder

Oct 12, 2012
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DREDGING IS ILLEGAL IN KALIF SO GET FINED-GO TO JAIL OR LOSE YOUR NEW TOY AND MASSIVE FINES ALSO ARE POSSIBLE. That tiny puddle pumper ain't worth it-go to Oregon or Nevada--John

What did I miss here???? He lives in Utah.

OP
OP
W

wally62us

Thats funny Utduder. Its funny a lot of people talk a bunch of crap about the little dredges. Its just a hobby and I do it to get out in the mountains. Thats all some people can afford.

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
270px-Utah_in_United_States.svg.png

Ironically, there's a post asking about fines for dredging in CA which has no replies,..

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the photos above if you look at the one with all the hoses and parts laid out this is my dredge in that pic. If you look you can see where I have the two sliders on the frame, this is where I run it when dredging. Works good for me there.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THOSE WHO ARE PERFECT DO ABSOLUTELY NUTTN' OR TO ERR IS HUMAN--GET THE CROSS AND MATCHES...HAHAHAHA i've posted dozens of pics of me running 2 1/2" puddle pumpers throughout the years here and NOT a deragatory term,just mo' tnet pantytwisting. And yes I've hauled boats as you call'm for over 20 miles,hauled'm down many 1,000' cliffs,flown them in by helo or hired wets to haul so wtf...............they say in ignorance there is bliss .. and ya'all sound quite content...John...I was going to delete that simple mistake but lose all that love?? instead of a simple oops now I'll deliberately leave,enjoy the lynching --yet again another hahahah

Last edited:

spoofman

Tenderfoot
Sep 28, 2011
Detector(s) used
whites gold bug
carefl about going up AF after the 15th of Ocotber. The recreational prospectors permit only has that canyon open from July 1st to the 15th of October. and if you do dont get caught and screw it up for the rest of us....we dont want to end up like the Kalifornia republic. But i to use a 2 1/2 inch Keene dredge and the angle has not been as much a deal as the flow. i am just over half the way back and when water fills the sluice it tends to tip the back down on its own and the angle has worked for me. I would like to know where in Utah you have to hike 10 miles back in....there are roads everywhere and even more locations you can get a quad too?

OP
OP
W

wally62us

carefl about going up AF after the 15th of Ocotber. The recreational prospectors permit only has that canyon open from July 1st to the 15th of October. and if you do dont get caught and screw it up for the rest of us....we dont want to end up like the Kalifornia republic. But i to use a 2 1/2 inch Keene dredge and the angle has not been as much a deal as the flow. i am just over half the way back and when water fills the sluice it tends to tip the back down on its own and the angle has worked for me. I would like to know where in Utah you have to hike 10 miles back in....there are roads everywhere and even more locations you can get a quad too?
I am not running my dredge in AF. I know the rules. And I do not have a quad, so I have to pack it in. Funny how I ask a simple question about my dredge, and look what happens. All kinds of people put in there two cents about everything else. But thank you everyone who answered my original question.

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not running my dredge in AF. I know the rules. And I do not have a quad, so I have to pack it in. Funny how I ask a simple question about my dredge, and look what happens. All kinds of people put in there two cents about everything else. But thank you everyone who answered my original question.
Don't forget thick socks to avoid blisters..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread