2 Indians and a ring

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois
Went out Sunday with my hunting partner. We started in a small park, thats where I found the silver ring and 2 1965 Rosie's. I am sick of finding 65s. Seems like every rosy I dig is a 1965. Then we went to an old church site. The church was built in 1860 and tore down in 1990s. We have found about 20 Indians at this site, but no silver. The Indians are a 1881 and 1901. The 01 has very nice detail. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• sunday hunt 001.jpg
    sunday hunt 001.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 484
  • sunday hunt 002.jpg
    sunday hunt 002.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 489
Upvote 0
Great day Lucky, congrats on the cool finds!
Nice little ring with a mother of pearl inlay, very pretty!

Smiles!
BDoo

Those are some nice finds. But since 1965 was the first year of the clad dime...you really are finding some history there! ;)

Nice finds. That ring is similar to the style of silver made in the SW by Native American artisans,the bezal around the stone/set is cut in the style of that area. I took a jewelry class and that was one of the styles we studied.

looks like you and your partner had a
good hunt.

Ring days are good days, silver is always
nice. ;D
Very nice ring.

Congrat on the two IH.

Again, nice finds.

have a good un.........

I'm totally feeling your frustration with digging 65's. It's painfull when you dig a dime or quarter and see its in the 1960 date range and when you clean it a bit more and find out off by one year. I can't tell you how many quarters I've dug lately that are 65's. Anyway I love the ring and I'm sure silver will come your way.

Hi Lucky
Congrats on the sweet ring and the 2 injuns. I can't tell you how many 1965 dimes and quarters I pulled out of the ground before I got a silver one. 20 plus injuns at one location is pretty awesome.
HH
Mark G

thats the Chicken Parmesan

very nice stuff!

Baron Von De Kalb said:

you need to come up with a new recipe! chicken parmesan is getting boring. ;) how about "the baked meat lasagna!" ;D

You had a stupentacular hunt, lucky! Two indians and a silver ring beats my bullets any day of the week.

Attachments

• oth-dime.gif
    oth-dime.gif
    11.7 KB · Views: 330
Baron Von De Kalb said:

what? :D

Love that ring Lucky!!! 8) And those Indians are grEAT!

Nana ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back