What's new

2 more nickle boxes today

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
1,755
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Today's nickles were not as productive as the last box. The first box produced 21 pre 1960 coins, but no silver. The second box provided 14 pre 1960 coins, and again, no silver. Being skunked on 2 boxes stinks. However, there was a highlight or three :). One of the oldies in the first box is a 1958d in near uncirculated condition. All 5 steps are fully visible. This coin was quickly stuck in a holder :). Then, the strangest thing happened on the second box. Halfway in, I pulled out a 1939 with 4 steps visible. Has some dirt on it which I need to clean before putting it in a card. And shortly after that, a 1940 with 4 steps visible easily, and the fifth peeks out in a small place. For their age, these coins are gorgeous. I did find my worst looking oldie to date, so I suppose it balances out :).
 

Attachments

  • hell coin.webp
    hell coin.webp
    21.8 KB · Views: 257
  • step it up.webp
    step it up.webp
    51.7 KB · Views: 257
Upvote 0
Very nice conditioned finds!

Too bad about the war nicks, but you can't win them all. ;)

~Dave
 
I think those nickels look great. Now, keep the noise down about them, seems they're the only coins that haven't been pulled by every mothers' son in creation.

I crh on a small scale, like 2 rolls of nicks/2 rolls of dimes/2 rolls of pennies a week. I like finding those pre 50 nickels just fine.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom