What's new

2 Parks and a friends home

Alchemist

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2014
Messages
364
Reaction score
642
Golden Thread
0
Location
Badger State
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Platinum Pro w/11" coil, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Garret ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The past 2 days I hit 2 parks and took a second pass at a friends house. One park gave me my first 1909 (no VDB) Wheat and a cool Cracker Jack token. The second park surprised me with 2 Barber dimes (despite scraping one of them!) and some other nick knacks. The friends house was still yielding goodies: 1909 V Nickel in super shape and a strange Made in Italy religious pendant with a 1880 date on the back. All in all a wonderful weekend. Happy 4th to all!

DSC07060.webp
2b.webp
o.webpr.webp
 
Upvote 18
great_find.gif
Nice finds! Thanks for sharing...
 
good job!, those barbers are sweet and that V is in great shape!
 
Nice finds ! :thumbsup:
 
Congratulations on the very productive hunts! The nickel has a lot of detail and nice dime finds.
 
Congrats on pulling all those vintage coins. 2 Barbers in one day along with that V-Nickle makes for an awesome day. :occasion14: You don't see those 1909 pennies very often. Does that token say cracker Jacks on it? If not I believe it may be from shell oil company.
 
Looks like you did a lot of searching there,but it certainly paid off.The last Barber dime I found was quite circulated too.Which was a 1906 o Great hunt there with lots of nice oldies.
 
Thanks all! What's the best way to clean the grease off of the V nickel? It has so much detail left I want it to look as good as possible.
 
Congrats on pulling all those vintage coins. 2 Barbers in one day along with that V-Nickle makes for an awesome day. :occasion14: You don't see those 1909 pennies very often. Does that token say cracker Jacks on it? If not I believe it may be from shell oil company.

Yep, Cracker Jack. Any idea how old it is?
 
Nice V! A1912 was the very first coin I ever found. Good job. 😁
 
So, a follow up to the site where I got the 2 barbers; today, my first war nickel: 1942P

DSC07068.webp
 
Very nice finds. The V nickel and Barbers are just killer!

Congrats on your first OD Nickel.

Best of luck to you in your hunts!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom