What's new

✅ SOLVED 2" pin

deepseeker3

Full Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2010
Messages
178
Reaction score
200
Golden Thread
0
Location
Green Bay, WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This item is 2 inches long. The shaft is magnetic, but no rust, so must be high carbon. The bulb at the top appears to be brass, with a knurled edge. I suspect a part of a tool, but it is not threaded to screw into anything.

Any ideas?
 

Attachments

  • pin.webp
    pin.webp
    231.8 KB · Views: 81
it's the scribe out of a combination square
 
Upvote 0
JKicker nailed it I think.
 
Upvote 0
Scratch awl for metal. Basically the same as metal scribe tool.
 
Upvote 0
I think I'm going to vote for the scribe tool hypothesis...
 
Upvote 0
cool find nether the less
 
Upvote 0
yep
its a scribe that slides in to a adjustable modern square w/ level
brady
 
Upvote 0
Yup, looks like an awl of some sort, I would have expected it to be threaded if it was to be part of a square.

Videos I have looked at say this is the first part of a square to be lost, and this one is certainly a good example of one that would disappear quickly!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom