What's new

2 Quarts Pepsi Bottle W/ Foam label

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2006
Messages
1,547
Reaction score
70
Golden Thread
0
Location
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Does anyone know a value and a date for the yardsale find i got yesterday ? Also anyone want a drink ? lol
The pics are the front and back of the bottle
 

Attachments

  • pep1.webp
    pep1.webp
    20.7 KB · Views: 14,366
  • pep2.webp
    pep2.webp
    18.4 KB · Views: 16,497
Doesn't anyone know anything about it ? I can't find any info or one like it on the web. :-\
 
Reddielocks said:
Doesn't anyone know anything about it ? I can't find any info or one like it on the web. :-\

I know that Pepsi was the first cola mfgr. to offer a 2-liter bottle, and that was in 1970. Whether the "Boss" foam label came later, I can't say. However, it's attributed to the 1970's in the following thread:

http://www.alphadictionary.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1376&sid=e67ad0c88f8483182685369d75cf8bf8

A sealed one sold on eBay for $10.55 back in January, and the seller stated, "I believe this is circa 1977."

http://cgi.ebay.com/HTF-2-Quart-Glass-Pepsi-Bottle-THE-BOSS-Sealed-64-oz-NR_W0QQitemZ7211994453
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
10.00 isn't to bad for a 1.00 investment ! lol
 
I remember those back when I was a "young-un" . It was around the mid 70's . I remember how I used to always peel the foam labels off .
 
Egads, why wouldn't somebody have consumed that stuff long ago? I'm surprised it didn't eat its way through the glass bottle. Pepsi is sometimes used to clean coins. I used to drink colas until I saw what it could do to the tarnish on a coin. Then I wondered what it was doing to my innards. Now I'm strickly a beer drinker, much safer!!! :D :D
 
TreasureTales said:
Egads, why wouldn't somebody have consumed that stuff long ago? I'm surprised it didn't eat its way through the glass bottle. Pepsi is sometimes used to clean coins. I used to drink colas until I saw what it could do to the tarnish on a coin. Then I wondered what it was doing to my innards. Now I'm strickly a beer drinker, much safer!!! :D :D

Yes Beer ! It can make your hair grow and make your liver "grow" as well like whiskey ! ;)
I can't drink beer i have no taste for it.I do enjoy a nice glass of whiskey ever now and then,but only one very small glass.I am too small to have any more !
 
2country said:
I remember those back when I was a "young-un" . It was around the mid 70's . I remember how I used to always peel the foam labels off .


i remember them too.....................i must really be getting old :'(
 
Thats a great find,I just dug a coca cola bottle exactly like yours the only thing I found out is that there were two times these type of bottles were produced, in the 1940s and the 1970s mine was produced circa 1976 yours would probably be the same era givin the type of label,there is not a whole lot about these bottles anywhere I have reserched books,talked too collectors and been all over the net,,,,,found nothing.If you get more info on your bottle please post it,I think someday they will be worth something but for the time being there pretty cool to look at ;)
 
What a great find! Talk about taking a trip down memory lane ;D

Have you tried contacting the President of the Pepsi-Cola Collectibles Club (Bob Stoddard) at Doubledot@Earthlink.net. ? He has information regarding Pepsi's rare
collectibles you may also wish to browse his Pepsi collectible site at:
www.pepsigifts.com

While recently walking about a small Welcome Center at the border of Md. & Va. I came across a Pepsi bottle that really caught my eye by its shape & style. It took just a few days of putzing about till I was directed to him & he was a bit helpful with finding out a bit more information on it . .

Good Luck ;)

~ May you ALWAYS be Blessed & may you ALWAYS Bless others ~
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom