What's new

2 Reale Cob and date ?

Fredneck

Sr. Member
Joined
May 7, 2005
Messages
337
Reaction score
805
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
GPX 5000, ORX, White's XLT, AT Gold for Fresh Water
This was recovered at an early Courthouse site in Va, and I never really got the full skinny on this coin. Looking for imfo such as mint mark 'B" or "P" and date VI 99 - 1699 ?

Thanks for looking,
Dave
 

Attachments

  • 1699 Cobb.webp
    1699 Cobb.webp
    7.4 KB · Views: 560
Nice........
Indeed fully dated 1699........mint P - Potosi, VR assayer - Pedro de Villar...

Nice, now go find some more ;)

Trez
 
Trez:
I'm leaning more towards 1695 with the assayer you mentioned who, I believe was out of office after 1697, having been replaced by S.de Chavarria in '97 and the an 'unknown' in that same year ('97) through 1701.
Don.....
 
Mackaydon said:
Trez:
I'm leaning more towards 1695 with the assayer you mentioned who, I believe was out of office after 1697, having been replaced by S.de Chavarria in '97 and the an 'unknown' in that same year ('97) through 1701.
Don.....

Don,
Your right, 1695
My memory is failing, lol. Glad that is all.

Trez
 
Mackydon,
lol...good one
your eyes are still good ;)
have a great weekend....

Trez
 
Thanks guys !
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom