What's new

2 silver day and clad

Olderactor

Full Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2008
Messages
194
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Old Irving Park Chicago, IL
Detector(s) used
XLT, Excalibur ll, E-trac, Explorer 2 xpdeus, minelab 3030
Went out with D-Dub and L4S for about 6 hours. When They left I had one silver but I decided to stick around and look where I found my 1945 Merc. Found a 1947 Rosie to go with it. Found a green wheaty that was so green I cant read the date. Thought it might be a IH, but no such luck.
 

Attachments

  • 2dimes098.webp
    2dimes098.webp
    5.4 KB · Views: 145
  • 2dimes097.webp
    2dimes097.webp
    5.5 KB · Views: 143
Man you guys kicked my a#* today. At least I got 8 wheaties ( I think) They're all super green like you said your was. Maybe there's an IH hiding in there somewhere.

So I take it those ultimate frisbee guys left? Or were they playing around you? :laughing7:

Great hunt out there today. Can't wait to get in the water and finally get some pointers from you.
 
Ha! Someone got L4S if only for a day! Nice coins and keep Jon out of the water, if possible. I got a thing for those bottlecaps in the wetsand.
 
"They're all super green"

I hate that our soil works havoc on pennies like that. I have been working an area loaded with swampy land and they are particularly corroded. I think most are Indian Heads but I can't tell. What's best to clean them?
 
Hey Jim, nice hunt :thumbsup:

I think you're one of a select few to ever get the best of Jon :D on the turf :D
 
Good looking silver, two in a day is sweet.
 
Nice Job on the 2 silver day... Sounds like it was a beach hunt from the details, but I could be wrong...

Lookn4seated said:
Man you guys kicked my a#* today. At least I got 8 wheaties ( I think) They're all super green like you said your was. Maybe there's an IH hiding in there somewhere.

So I take it those ultimate frisbee guys left? Or were they playing around you? :laughing7:

Great hunt out there today. Can't wait to get in the water and finally get some pointers from you.

Don't worry L4S, once you learn the 4 tones on the bounty hunter, you'll be doing great.
 
2 silver a day keeps the withdrawals away! Great hunt Jim. :thumbsup:
 
CONGRATS ON THE SILVER!
 
Great finds buddy, 2 more for the treasure chest!!! :icon_pirat:
 
Great getting out with you, Jim. Thanks for lending me the jacket too! Congrats on the extra silver after we left.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom