spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes. that's right. I have 2 sure fire ways to never dig a bad signal again. It makes no difference what brand, or detector you are using; just follow my directions and have 100% satisfaction :icon_thumright:

1- If you are digging with someone, or just have a friend tagging along this is for you. Once you get what you believe to be a good signal, have that person recover it. No matter what it is, you didn't dig it!

2- If alone, this method works best at a busy beach. Again, like in step 1 once you believe you have a good signal and people are watching; just announce that there could be something good and give them the approximate depth. Let them do all the sifting and if they recover something good, just tell them, "I told you so". Now you're a hero in the beach goer's eyes :icon_thumright:

If it is a clunker, just mention, "These machines aren't always 100% accurate" :tongue3:

So stop all of your crying about the best machines and never be wrong again :headbang:

- or -

Deal with what you find, with whatever machine you use; like a man :laughing7:

Now go eat some turkey and have a Happy Thanksgiving

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
I am new to this type of digging. What kind of person do I ask to help me dig.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually look for the homeless, or other destitute looking people:icon_thumright:

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would it be possible to train a monkey to dig for you? Maybe dress it up in a ditch digger costume? That way even if you didn't find anything good maybe people would toss you a tip for the performance.....

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my friend had a dog all you had to do is point and touch the ground get excited and tell the dog to dig. he would dig like mad. We would drink beer and laugh.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nola_Ken, I wait long enough and someone will come along with even a better idea.. I like that monkey idea :laughing7:

liftloop, You're lucky I don't report your friend to the ASPCA for cruelty to animals :tongue3:

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a grand kid at the beach. He would dig. He drew other kids like a magnet. I left the earphones off so they could hear the machine and the pin point. The sand would then start flying, each one trying to find the target first. Eventually was surrounded by so many kids couldn't swing the coil. I've never been the same since. I'm OK if I take my pills, I'm OK, really, I'm fine.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not quite on topic but... Never, EVER allow 10 year olds to watch you dig a good piece of jewelry. I'm 63.... and they can run faster than I. Goodby jewelry! TTC

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
my friend had a dog all you had to do is point and touch the ground get excited and tell the dog to dig. he would dig like mad. We would drink beer and laugh.

Did you share the beer with the dog?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread