I am a new "metal detector" fan. I hope someone here can help me. I found these 2 metals this weekend in my backyard, with my 10 year old son. Our land is recently developed. I have searched and searched for the past 24 hours on the internet trying to i.d. these objects, but have not succeeded. Can anyone help?
My son is the person holding the objects. They are very heavy.
Thank you in advance for any advice you can offer us!
My son is the person holding the objects. They are very heavy.
Thank you in advance for any advice you can offer us!

The second kind of resembles a pick point?If you are new to M.D ing get used to finding stuff like that as before you know it(if you keep it)you will have an immense collection.To tell you the truth most people like myself just discard of it properly.One thing to note is that the more of that large iron you remove from a site the better chances of a GOOD signal like coins have at getting through.That iron blanks them out 






