What's new

20 Boxes = Skunk...but

GlassyEyed

Full Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2009
Messages
161
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Miami, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Tesoro Tiger Shark & Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My bank recently asked me to move up to $1k in halves per week vs $500 because it is easier for them to get rid of them 1k at a time...so I did with no reservations. Only problem is now I have doubled my hunting as well as doubled my skunks each week.

Anyways...I've gone through at least 20 boxes all being skunk! But...as I left work yesterday I stopped by a bank just outside my building and asked...and yes they had $4.00 is loose halves. To my suprise and enjoyment I found a 40% in the bunch. So after searching $10,004.00 worth of halves I have found 1 40% :0) Its kind of disheartening, but I'm hopeful that the next box will be my lottery...we can always dream right?

Keep up the good post all!
 
Upvote 0
So you dump at the same bank you pick up from? And they havent said anything? Branch out, try out another bank who has a different carrier.
 
I wonder if you and I are getting the same boxes. My boxes have been total skunks the last two months.
 
You can improve your chances if you receive from one bank and dump at another one that is completely a different bank all together. Mark your dumps to see how often you get yours back. That will tell you if this system is working.
 
I have way more luck with customer rolls.. I find some silver in boxes, and NIFC's... usually I find proofs and silver in the customer rolls.. lot more silver
 
Customer rolls are tough for me to get since I'm usually dumping at the banks I go to. It doesn't make sense for them to take my halves in exchange for theirs. When I have gone to banks to get halves, tellers tell me they know about the silver, they don't have any, or I get skunked if they did. It's too much work for me, I get prefer to order halves to avoid the hassle. Sure I'll get skunked too or I'll get boxes with just one 40% but it's like playing a slot machine that you don't lose money except for the gas to get to the banks. Wished I had the funds to order 20 boxes or even 10 boxes a week. Just saw a 48 hour Mystery episode on the death of Ted Binion. I wished I had the quantity of silver he had. It's crazy they said he had 7 million in silver hoarded.
 
Yes I dump at the same bank...

But it was on invite from the bank itself. They said as long as I get $1k perweek it makes it easier for them to get rid of them...so I went from $500 to $1k per week.

On a side note...I must be getting weaker or those coins are getting heavier! I need to start pumping some iron.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom