What's new

20 bucks in nickels. First buffalo in the wild!! Yea its a noob

festiva_ford

Full Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2010
Messages
137
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Did 20 bucks in clear wraped nickels from my local Chase bank. I thought the clear wraped roll would be all new nicks, boy was I wrong!! I ended up with my first buff in the wild (no date :() and 17 pre 1960's!! Thats more than I got with 50 bucks in individual paper wraped rolls from boxes! It also got me my oldest jefferson nick, a 1941.I'v only looked through about 300 bucks in nicks.That made my day after searching a box of cents with nothing but 2 wheat a 1940s and 1952. Show some respect for a young noob!! ;D
 
Upvote 0
Nickels are fun to search... my best find so far was a '31-S in VF. I've also pulled about 10 buffalo nickels, 15 war nickels, 1 1939-D and 3 1939-S.

Congrats on your first buff nick score. Here's to many, many more... as long as you don't live near me. :laughing7:
 
Ltrain said:
Nickels are fun to search... my best find so far was a '31-S in VF. I've also pulled about 10 buffalo nickels, 15 war nickels, 1 1939-D and 3 1939-S.

Congrats on your first buff nick score. Here's to many, many more... as long as you don't live near me. :laughing7:
I'v got 2 war nicks from a box before. I'm still waiting anxiously for my first 38 or 39 jeff nick, I take it there not that rare to find since the design isn't old. Lol I hope you don't live in the San Francisco area! :laughing9:
 
festiva_ford said:
I'v got 2 war nicks from a box before. I'm still waiting anxiously for my first 38 or 39 jeff nick, I take it there not that rare to find since the design isn't old. Lol I hope you don't live in the San Francisco area! :laughing9:

Philly. :) I've got piles of nickels from '38-'60... I pull 'em all. Might toss back the 60's, though, they're getting fairly common.

Tough part is finding key dates... I got crazy lucky on that '31-S, it's the second lowest mintage Buff Nick... that, the 39-D and 2 of the 39-S's came out of the same box where I got 2 rolls of BU nickels dated from '46-'48 and '55-'65. Nothing like stumbling on a dumped collection. :D
 
Ltrain said:
festiva_ford said:
I'v got 2 war nicks from a box before. I'm still waiting anxiously for my first 38 or 39 jeff nick, I take it there not that rare to find since the design isn't old. Lol I hope you don't live in the San Francisco area! :laughing9:

Philly. :) I've got piles of nickels from '38-'60... I pull 'em all. Might toss back the 60's, though, they're getting fairly common.

Tough part is finding key dates... I got crazy lucky on that '31-S, it's the second lowest mintage Buff Nick... that, the 39-D and 2 of the 39-S's came out of the same box where I got 2 rolls of BU nickels dated from '46-'48 and '55-'65. Nothing like stumbling on a dumped collection. :D
I did find an overwhelming amount of 60-64 nicks while searching. WOW! :o thats a rare buff!! Great luck on that dumped collection!
 
festiva_ford said:
I did find an overwhelming amount of 60-64 nicks while searching. WOW! :o thats a rare buff!! Great luck on that dumped collection!

Keep searching... I bet you'll hit one sooner or later... nobody ever looks at their pocket change besides quarters these days.
 
festiva_ford said:
Ltrain said:
Nickels are fun to search... my best find so far was a '31-S in VF. I've also pulled about 10 buffalo nickels, 15 war nickels, 1 1939-D and 3 1939-S.

Congrats on your first buff nick score. Here's to many, many more... as long as you don't live near me. :laughing7:
I'v got 2 war nicks from a box before. I'm still waiting anxiously for my first 38 or 39 jeff nick, I take it there not that rare to find since the design isn't old. Lol I hope you don't live in the San Francisco area! :laughing9:

Well, I'm in the SF bay area.. and well, you're lucky I don't do nickels. Although I thought about them, I would rather do cents than nickels. Halves have pretty much dried up for me. I think cents are better since the copper can be sold on Ebay. You get around 30-50% profit but you have to have a larger quantity. It takes a while to get them sorted by hand. I have about $150 face value worth saved up by hand sorting. I still get coppers but wait till some giant CRH with 5 ryesdales and $100,000 in cash sucks the area dry too.
 
SFBayArea said:
festiva_ford said:
Ltrain said:
Nickels are fun to search... my best find so far was a '31-S in VF. I've also pulled about 10 buffalo nickels, 15 war nickels, 1 1939-D and 3 1939-S.

Congrats on your first buff nick score. Here's to many, many more... as long as you don't live near me. :laughing7:
I'v got 2 war nicks from a box before. I'm still waiting anxiously for my first 38 or 39 jeff nick, I take it there not that rare to find since the design isn't old. Lol I hope you don't live in the San Francisco area! :laughing9:

Well, I'm in the SF bay area.. and well, you're lucky I don't do nickels. Although I thought about them, I would rather do cents than nickels. Halves have pretty much dried up for me. I think cents are better since the copper can be sold on Ebay. You get around 30-50% profit but you have to have a larger quantity. It takes a while to get them sorted by hand. I have about $150 face value worth saved up by hand sorting. I still get coppers but wait till some giant CRH with 5 ryesdales and $100,000 in cash sucks the area dry too.
I only do cents once in a while, but only hoard the wheats. Wheats are pretty dry when I search boxes but I find more in change. I'v also searched about 100$ in costomer half dollar rolls and have yet to find silver. I can't afford boxes cause i'm just a poor student, but maybe i'll get one for Christmas ;D Whats your average for finding silver halfs? btw GO GIANTS! (No offense to the phillies Ltrain) LOL
 
Phils didn't deserve to win this year... played like shit.

Giants, OTOH, I knew they were gonna win after watching them dismantle the Phils like that... I called them in 6, they took it in 5.
 
More will come! Wait till you get your first V-Nickel. You are already hooked, but it gets worse :laughing9: But, at least, I think of it as a slot machine where you don't loose your $$$.

HSH,
apush :read2:
 
Ltrain said:
Phils didn't deserve to win this year... played like --deleted--.

Giants, OTOH, I knew they were gonna win after watching them dismantle the Phils like that... I called them in 6, they took it in 5.
haha deleted :laughing9: The ginats needed a break anyway after having such a rough losing streak for all these years. And so did San Francisco, never seen so much spirit! Everyone's in jerseys!
 
apush said:
More will come! Wait till you get your first V-Nickel. You are already hooked, but it gets worse :laughing9: But, at least, I think of it as a slot machine where you don't loose your $$$.

HSH,
apush :read2:
Haha! At least your not losing money, just rolling them up again.
 
apush said:
More will come! Wait till you get your first V-Nickel. You are already hooked, but it gets worse :laughing9: But, at least, I think of it as a slot machine where you don't loose your $$$.

HSH,
apush :read2:

I'm over $1500 and still no V-Nicks...
 
Ltrain said:
apush said:
More will come! Wait till you get your first V-Nickel. You are already hooked, but it gets worse :laughing9: But, at least, I think of it as a slot machine where you don't loose your $$$.

HSH,
apush :read2:

I'm over $1500 and still no V-Nicks...
I probably went thru about $5,000 before i found my 1st V nickel.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom