20 centavo Mexican copper Sun Pyramid coin

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
Not found today, a few days ago a worker building a decorative retaining wall behind our house found an old coin. Only today did I take Brasso to find out what it was.

I think it's called a 1946 Mexican copper Sun Pyramid 20 centavo coin. In fine condition, maybe worth a couple dollars, so current value of this corroded thing a few cents American if that. My wife said when she was a kid, that is what they had, so it was not new to her.

Not even worth posting a picture. Plenty on Google if you are curious. I assume the pyramid must be the Pyramid of the Sun in Teotihuacan.

I live in a place where it is legend that Moctezuma's treasure is buried. The only treasure I have seen so far, heh, heh. So, for that reason, I thought I'd mention it.

Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
outstanding.gif

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The coin is actually made of bronze; 10 grams and 28.5 mm in diameter. Yes, the reverse is the Pyramid of the Sun at Teo.......... and in the background are the two mountains of Ixtacc.........and Popo........... Nearly 26 million were minted in Mexico City.
Now, what have you heard about the treasure legend?
Don...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions