$20 dollars

collins6542

Feb 12, 2017
Des Moines, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett AT Gold, SunRay X-1 Probe
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So 2 days ago, I was at a local park metal detecting with my Spouse and my Mom.... a female got out of a white older model Chevrolet suburban and kept yelling "here!".... I thought to myself "oh boy.... here comes a nutball..." She was stumbling around. I could definitely tell she was under the influence of something.... anyhow she kept throwing a piece of paper at me while yelling here..... I tried to ignore her.... while she was throwing the paper, the wind would push it a few inches back towards her which caused her to pick it back up and try to inch it closer to me.... well finally she was within 15 feet of me..... she threw the piece of paper down and walked off.... I waited til she got into her vehicle and drove off before I checked to see what it was she was trying to throw at me.... lone and behold it was a gently used $20 dollar bill!!!!

I think it was a pretty profitable day out detecting if I do say so myself!

Last edited:
Upvote 18
LOL. you might get more if you put a sign on your back while detecting: Will work for food!

Cool ! She probably thought you were trying to scrape some Crack Money together :laughing7:
Or she thought she as donating to the bomb squad

Last edited:
:occasion14: Easy money, Actually that's a pretty funny story.:laughing7:

Thats about the strangest metal detecting i have ever heard. Congrats on making 20 the easy way.

Sounds like she mistook you for her pimp.

That has to be about the funniest story about detecting I have ever heard. Thanks for sharing.:laughing7:

its been awhile but yrs ago had people treat me like I was a homeless person
I had confrontations a few times back then and told them "I probably make more money than you do"
my gf used to wear diamonds on every finger that I had found - and now and then if she was near by (only in good neighborhoods)
I tell her to show them her hands
have had change thrown at me - never paper stuff

And I thought I was the only one who attracted nut jobs. Mine don't pay though

Love it when people throw money at others for no apparent reason :thumbsup:

Thank you sharing! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back