🥇 BANNER 20 MUSKET BALLS..... 2 VERY AWESOME BUTTONS !!!!!!!! BEST YET!!

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out for a early hunt today.

Lotsa musket balls once again.

But the highlite of this hunt is my buttons !!!

Found the button with RP and CROWN on it early in my hunt ..but didn,t see anything on it until I got home and cleand it up...boy was i surprised.

Found the 75 button at the end of my hunt.... I have seen another one just like it on here somewhere but can,t find it.

I,m assuming they are from the 1700s... |?????????????

Any information on thes buttons would be appreciated.

2014-02-01 10.51.26.jpg 2014-02-01 10.51.51.jpg 2014-02-01 10.52.58.jpg 2014-02-01 10.54.03.jpg 2014-02-01 10.59.52.jpg

Upvote 38

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am hoping your correct...I can,t help but to think there is something very special there waiting to be found.!!

Still finding stuff where I have been over a few times.... new detector coming...hope that helps.

You are in an excellent area for detecting, much better than most, and all you have to do is keep digging old targets and the great finds will come. It's very unpredictable what will turn up so ends up just being a numbers game, and the better the quality the site, the less numbers tend to be needed for something great.

I do think there's a very good chance you'll find the banner again this year if you swing the detector a lot.

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are in an excellent area for detecting, much better than most, and all you have to do is keep digging old targets and the great finds will come. It's very unpredictable what will turn up so ends up just being a numbers game, and the better the quality the site, the less numbers tend to be needed for something great.

I do think there's a very good chance you'll find the banner again this year if you swing the detector a lot.

Swinging the detector a lot is not a problem ...it is a itch I love to scratch....guess I gotta start knocking on doors more so I can get into some of the good old sites.

Thinking I,ll go scratch it again today ... -9 tho....gotta think about this one......I know that GOLD COIN is there somewhere !!!!!......lol isn,t that what an addict thinks ??

Thommy

Mar 12, 2012
Northern Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Nautilus MF, Fisher 1266, Heathkit
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Done the research -they were there

KCR is one of dozens of units that probably wore such buttons, unless you got a name on a map or on a later militia muster roll, that put a member of that regiment settling as a Loyalist in NS you couldn't really attribute that button to such, research may narrow whose button it was but the 57th would be the first list to look

I lived in Halifax and Dartmouth for two years. All I ever found was coins, but nice ones (Bank of Nova Scotia, Brit pence, etc.)
Many Kings Rangers were relocated to PEI (St. Johns Island back then), and many Black Rnagres to the Halifax area. Many of the Kings Rangers were relocated at East Country of Guysborough, at a place now known as Country Harbor Mines, near the upper end of Country Harbor.. It's all out there on the web. Just not clear on where the buttons were found.

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
I lived in Halifax and Dartmouth for two years. All I ever found was coins, but nice ones (Bank of Nova Scotia, Brit pence, etc.)
Many Kings Rangers were relocated to PEI (St. Johns Island back then), and many Black Rnagres to the Halifax area. Many of the Kings Rangers were relocated at East Country of Guysborough, at a place now known as Country Harbor Mines, near the upper end of Country Harbor.. It's all out there on the web. Just not clear on where the buttons were found.

Here's wishing I could go out right now and look

-12C right now, so not much chance
It's all good info, definitely something to look into

mattysee

Jul 9, 2011
albany ny
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thought you might like this button

Attachments

• 101_4143.JPG
    101_4143.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 71

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on your amazing button finds AQUA! :occasion14:
Those buttons are in great condition too!

Congrats on making the BANNER as well, :thumbsup:
Dave

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your amazing button finds AQUA! :occasion14:
Those buttons are in great condition too!

Congrats on making the BANNER as well, :thumbsup:
Dave

TY ANTIQUARIAN.... appreciate you looking !! Got a nice new button display case today also..they look very nice in it.

GioTheGreek

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2009
Hades
Detector(s) used
XP DÉUS, Minelab E-TRAC, Pro-Pointer, Hawk-like Vision, Receding Hairline
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Stunning buttons!

Like the others have said, you have yourself a proper site there! I can't wait to see what you uncover when the ground thaws in the surrounding area. Go Maritimes go! :notworthy:

What's the new detector you're buying? :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stunning buttons!

Like the others have said, you have yourself a proper site there! I can't wait to see what you uncover when the ground thaws in the surrounding area. Go Maritimes go! :notworthy:

What's the new detector you're buying? :)

Hi Gio

Ty for looking....the surrounding area has potential for sure....see what spring brings ...if it ever gets here !!!!

Ordered up teh Fisher cz 21....got it last week.

Been out twice with it....... was out today fro 3 hrs....went back to the spot I found the buttons in...thought the finds were getting few as been there quite a few times and the finds were getting less and less..... but found 38 muusket balls / 2 bullets/ 3 coins{no old ones} and few odds n ends.... but nothing special.

Point is tho...any one of those signals coulda been a nice button / coin / badge....so I,m impressed so far with the CZ 21. Can,t wait to get back again tomorrow ..giving a nice day..will post when I get back home.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately every site eventually gets slim enough for finds a person has to move on!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really interested to hear what you think of that machine. Seriously thinking about getting one this year. Love my T2 SE but I would love a great water machine to go with it

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really interested to hear what you think of that machine. Seriously thinking about getting one this year. Love my T2 SE but I would love a great water machine to go with it

I had to remove the control box from the handle and wear it on my belt... just too heavy to swing.

But that is no problem...actually is quite a treat t swing now..weighs almost nothing and the chord doesn,t interfere with operation.

Would like to try the chest mount ..as the controls would be much easier to access than on ur side.

Only thing I got negative to say so far is.... it likes hot rocks.... but thats in all metal mode....in discrim mode the hot rocks mostly disappear.

I use the F75 mostly so I,m used to a light detector.

Will update with a post tomo as i,ll get a 4 hr hunt in the morning.....but it did pick out 50 targets today that i missed before.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to remove the control box from the handle and wear it on my belt... just too heavy to swing.

But that is no problem...actually is quite a treat t swing now..weighs almost nothing and the chord doesn,t interfere with operation.

Would like to try the chest mount ..as the controls would be much easier to access than on ur side.

Only thing I got negative to say so far is.... it likes hot rocks.... but thats in all metal mode....in discrim mode the hot rocks mostly disappear.

I use the F75 mostly so I,m used to a light detector.

Will update with a post tomo as i,ll get a 4 hr hunt in the morning.....but it did pick out 50 targets today that i missed before.

Guess in the future you will listen young grasshoppa because everything I said seems to be coming true huh. :laughing7:

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess in the future you will listen young grasshoppa because everything I said seems to be coming true huh. :laughing7:

HAHA.... with power comes great responsibility !!!!

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Also ...you said there should be more buttons there and even a buckle !!!!!

Grasshopper hopes your correct again ....oh wise one !!

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You wouldn't hear me say that a site was getting thin when I was finding 50 targets at it, 5 or less then I would say thin

Ya ..that was before i got my CZ 21.... was using the F75 before which doesn,t work well in saltwater environment and teh Sandshark.

To get the F75 to work had to use the small coil which means not good covereage of the grounds. 50 targets was with the CZ...SO LOOKS GOOD .

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I do love the weight of my T2 SE. I'm told its the twin of your F75. One of your Nova Scotia buddies was telling me about the Cz -21. He certainly is high on it. I certainly have high respect for his opinion. Just have to convince the lady to buy it for me for my bday. She bought me the T2 last year. Hard to convince her that it's a sound investment but I'm working on it. :-) keep me in the loop buddy. Excited to hear your opinion after a month or so of hunts . Good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread