What's new

$200+ in pennies?

Rakattack

Full Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2010
Messages
150
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
SJ, CA
I've been thinking about getting around or more than $200 of pennies in bank boxes and I was wondering if anyone has ever done this? I think I may be seeing pennies after a round like that :tard:
 
Upvote 0
Most pennies I got in one day was $160, got almost $30 in wheats

HH
-GC
 
3000 wheats???? Did you get bank boxes or customer wrapped?
 
Customer wrapped, they were all 1940's and 50's p and d though

HH
-GC
 
goldencoin said:
Most pennies I got in one day was $160, got almost $30 in wheats

HH
-GC
goldencoin said:
Customer wrapped, they were all 1940's and 50's p and d though

HH
-GC
Still, thats a great amount of wheats :icon_thumright:
 
He also stiffed several members out of trades...lets not forget that!

As long as you don't do that you're ok in my book regardless of what you find.
 
phrostie said:
He also stiffed several members out of trades...lets not forget that!

As long as you don't do that you're ok in my book regardless of what you find.

Wonder if anyone ever heard from him?
 
phrostie said:
He also stiffed several members out of trades...lets not forget that!

As long as you don't do that you're ok in my book regardless of what you find.
Did he make deals with other members for his wheaties and then left?
 
I think the most I have ever picked up was $750 in pennies in one stop, but those were all off the coin machine and loose in bags.

I've had a few times I have gotten $300-$500 at one time as well.

I handsort everything and $200 in pennies (loose in bank bags) takes about 2 hours for me to search. I can go through about $100/hr. Boxes takes slightly longer due to having to open the wrappers. Granted I don't keep the coppers like some do which helps speed things along. I also no longer feel the need to read the date on every coin which means I will on average miss 50% of any memorials that I pick out such as 1960 small date and 1970-S small date, but for the amount of time savings per bag it is well worth it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom