200 Miles...lots of banks...a few halves

bill dilly

Feb 7, 2006
I was out on business yesterday and I covered about 200 miles. There were quite a few banks along the way. The first bank had $19 worth of halves...2 1967 Kennedys from that. The next bank had $250 in a sealed bag that was set to go on the armored car. I bought that bag and got the following halves...1 1967, 3 1968, 3 1964, 1 1982 proof and 2 odd halves...they are gold colored and they have really small dates stamped into them. The first one has the dates 1960 on the left side of the Kennedy profile and 1980 on the right. The second one is the same except it has the dates 1960 on the left and 1985 on the right. Odd.
I was thinking after the first two stops that this would be a great day...after many more banks and about $600 more...NOTHING! The banks either didn't have anything or, when they did, the coins had obviously been searched.
It was a good day anyway...and today I'm back at it in a rural part of the state...so who knows what I will find?
Good luck to all

Upvote 0

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got 3 90%, that is always good. I have gotten quite a few of the gold plated ones like you mentioned with the stamped dates. I pretty much ignore them. Congrats on what you did get. You can come across some interesting finds. I have even found 4 modern commemerative halves, 1 commemerating olympics and three others (i forget, unfortunately I am at work and the halves are at home). I remember one is dated 1986.

jersey junkie

Jan 14, 2006
new jersey
7 silvers over 200 miles....hmmmm.

30 miles per coin.

at 30 mpg (not likely) thats only $2.15 in gas per coin plus wear and tear on your car.

It helps that there is always the excitment of the hunt....keep it up.

HH

mark
www.gas50.com

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread