Jul 23, 2013
Roanoke VA
Detector(s) used
White's CoinMaster GT & MineLab 505 on loan
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thrift Store. $1.99
I guess we can call it a surface find. I can't find much on the web. Open Pontil. Sheared lip. Bubbles. Otherwise perfect. Any bottle experts? Yes it's for sale

IMG_1449.JPGIMG_1461.JPGIMG_1462.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 5
Very nice bottle. I believe most of these are mid 19th century. Very collectible.

bubbles or maybe grapes? Jus Sayin'....

Grapes.Looks like.

Definitely grapes on a vine. Other side IMG_1445.JPG barely see the eagle, stars and clutching arrows

Nice score! :occasion14:

Got a picture of the pontil ?

Last edited:
Kinda hard to tell on this one . A lot of repro's of flasks are out there. My guess is that it is real but no guarentees. As far value if legit without looking it up is $75-100. If legit a nice find if not it's still worth $1.99:thumbsup:

Most of these are 1850 - 1870 era.... Looks real but hard to tell by the pics... When your ready PM me with the price you want to sell it for delivered to Oregon?
Thanks Gary from Oregon.

I hope it is real and old Great buy either way !!!Thanks for sharing it Ive seen so many good finds from thrift stores yard sales ect!!!!!

CAN YOU SAY , A STEAL IF REAL ..

So reproductions can be spotted by ________________ ( fill in the blank )

Most re-pros are too nice. Yours having the faded eagle on one side points to it being real. I honestly could tell if I had it in my hand. The pontil and the sheared lip/neck are the best ways to tell a genuine from a fake. It takes years of seeing many real and make fake flasks to be able to tell the difference. Take it to the next bottle show in your area and you then will know for sure. Good luck.
Gary from Oregon

Very nice
Congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back