tnt-hunter
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Apr 20, 2018
- Messages
- 2,056
- Reaction score
- 12,092
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Mountain Maryland
- Detector(s) used
- Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
DAY 1
I went to set of ballfields and a basketball court in a nearby town where I used to teach. I spent 4 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 111 coins with a face value of $7.45, part of an old toy car, 3 tokens, 2 wheaties, a Canadian penny, a fire engine hat pin, a wrist watch frame, lots of aluminum bottle caps, some can and 15 tabs.
The wheaties are a 1910 and a 1946 D. 2 of the tokens are Ciccis Pizza game tokens.
The third token is a real nice one in pretty decent shape for our acid soil. It is good for $2 off a purchase of $25 or more from the ISSAC BENESH & SONS store in BALTIMORE. It was a department store that opened in 1868. The & SONS was added in 1889. The swastika was a Hindu good luck symbol and used on many tokens until the 1930s when the Nazi party used it for their emblem. My best guess is that this token is from the 1920s to the mid 1930s.
DAY 2
I went back to grid more of the middle school. Only a few more trips and it will be completely done. I spent 5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 21coins with a face value of $0.91, jewelry, game tabs and lids, 2 rings, a DO NOT DUPLICATE key, a live rifle cartridge, a zipper pull, a shoe grommet, a copper rivet, aluminum bottle caps, foil, can slaw, a hose nozzle, 41 tabs and 9 pencil ends.
Unfortunately both of the rings are cheapie. The one with stones looked good when it popped out, but I could see right away that it was plated darn it.
I found 2 Pepsi monopoly game tabs spread around and then I got into a Coca-Cola spot and found 2 PEEL A FORTUNE tabs, S and H. And then 2 lids deep down, an M and an I. The cans were made of tin and only the lids were made of aluminum. The cans have rusted away, but the lids remain. They sound pretty good so I dig a fair number of them. Occasionally one turns out to be a game lid like these.
DAY 3
There football tournament over the weekend in the local park. Lots of people from out of state the place was crawling with folks. They used 3 fields so I checked around all 3 and found a total of 2 pennies, a football spike and a little foil. The concession stand was open and I check around that as well, nothing. These folks must all pay by card and don’t carry cash because they didn’t loose anything in the grassy parking areas either. It was very disappointing. I did cover some other areas where there were some coins down in the ground that had been patiently waiting for me to find them, but the new on the surface finds were not there.
I spent 5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 57 coins with a face value of $4.27, a cheapie necklace, a toy UPS truck door, a shot dime, a track spike , 2 screw in football spikes, a pen, part of a toy cyber truck, foil, can slaw, a pencil end and 11 tabs.
DAY 4
I made another trip to the main scout camp. Looking for new losses, tent pegs they keep leaving behind like they don’t matter and anything I might have missed as I venture further out of the camp sites.
I spent 6 hours swingin the CZ21 in 3 areas and found 98 coins with face value of $7.82, 30 camp tent pegs, a zipper pull, an Anthony dollar, a sinker, a rope tensioner, melted aluminum from the campfires, grommets, 11 tabs and military blanks.
The military blanks are from a group of reinactors the came to camp and gave demonstrations years ago. There are a variety of head stamps from different arsenals and years. Some of the head stamps are SL 53, FA 52, RA 42 and WRA CO 18.
Nothing great, just fun in the outdoors with fresh air and gas money.
NON DETECTOR FINDS
I did find a dime on the floor in a store and my wife found a tiny pearl in an oyster sandwich at the beach. I should have put that in last week but I forgot.
A few years ago she found a nice sized pearl in an oyster sandwich and I had my jeweler friend add gold leaves and make it into a pendant. This new one is much smaller and a poor quality pearl so just a novelty. Not worth doing anything with.
Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.
I went to set of ballfields and a basketball court in a nearby town where I used to teach. I spent 4 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 111 coins with a face value of $7.45, part of an old toy car, 3 tokens, 2 wheaties, a Canadian penny, a fire engine hat pin, a wrist watch frame, lots of aluminum bottle caps, some can and 15 tabs.
The wheaties are a 1910 and a 1946 D. 2 of the tokens are Ciccis Pizza game tokens.
The third token is a real nice one in pretty decent shape for our acid soil. It is good for $2 off a purchase of $25 or more from the ISSAC BENESH & SONS store in BALTIMORE. It was a department store that opened in 1868. The & SONS was added in 1889. The swastika was a Hindu good luck symbol and used on many tokens until the 1930s when the Nazi party used it for their emblem. My best guess is that this token is from the 1920s to the mid 1930s.
DAY 2
I went back to grid more of the middle school. Only a few more trips and it will be completely done. I spent 5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 21coins with a face value of $0.91, jewelry, game tabs and lids, 2 rings, a DO NOT DUPLICATE key, a live rifle cartridge, a zipper pull, a shoe grommet, a copper rivet, aluminum bottle caps, foil, can slaw, a hose nozzle, 41 tabs and 9 pencil ends.
Unfortunately both of the rings are cheapie. The one with stones looked good when it popped out, but I could see right away that it was plated darn it.
I found 2 Pepsi monopoly game tabs spread around and then I got into a Coca-Cola spot and found 2 PEEL A FORTUNE tabs, S and H. And then 2 lids deep down, an M and an I. The cans were made of tin and only the lids were made of aluminum. The cans have rusted away, but the lids remain. They sound pretty good so I dig a fair number of them. Occasionally one turns out to be a game lid like these.
DAY 3
There football tournament over the weekend in the local park. Lots of people from out of state the place was crawling with folks. They used 3 fields so I checked around all 3 and found a total of 2 pennies, a football spike and a little foil. The concession stand was open and I check around that as well, nothing. These folks must all pay by card and don’t carry cash because they didn’t loose anything in the grassy parking areas either. It was very disappointing. I did cover some other areas where there were some coins down in the ground that had been patiently waiting for me to find them, but the new on the surface finds were not there.
I spent 5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 57 coins with a face value of $4.27, a cheapie necklace, a toy UPS truck door, a shot dime, a track spike , 2 screw in football spikes, a pen, part of a toy cyber truck, foil, can slaw, a pencil end and 11 tabs.
DAY 4
I made another trip to the main scout camp. Looking for new losses, tent pegs they keep leaving behind like they don’t matter and anything I might have missed as I venture further out of the camp sites.
I spent 6 hours swingin the CZ21 in 3 areas and found 98 coins with face value of $7.82, 30 camp tent pegs, a zipper pull, an Anthony dollar, a sinker, a rope tensioner, melted aluminum from the campfires, grommets, 11 tabs and military blanks.
The military blanks are from a group of reinactors the came to camp and gave demonstrations years ago. There are a variety of head stamps from different arsenals and years. Some of the head stamps are SL 53, FA 52, RA 42 and WRA CO 18.
Nothing great, just fun in the outdoors with fresh air and gas money.
NON DETECTOR FINDS
I did find a dime on the floor in a store and my wife found a tiny pearl in an oyster sandwich at the beach. I should have put that in last week but I forgot.
A few years ago she found a nice sized pearl in an oyster sandwich and I had my jeweler friend add gold leaves and make it into a pendant. This new one is much smaller and a poor quality pearl so just a novelty. Not worth doing anything with.
Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.
Upvote
11







