2002 -2005 uncirculated halfs....... keepers?

bigtime400

Jan 27, 2007
the moon
So I was saving the one or 2 2002-2005 halfs that I got. No big deal right? I just got 2 bags from the bank one of them is 90% 2002-2005. The other about half. Isnt that strange for ones that were just released in mint sets?????? are these worth keeping? That takes a big chunk of change out of my search fund. Please let me know.

Ohh btw... I didn't introduce myself when I signed up. My name is Nate from WI.

Upvote 0
I don't believe they were only released in mint sets - I think they were only sold by the bag (by the US Mint) for a premium. If you go to their web site (www.usmint.gov) and look, you can still buy bags of quarters, nickels, etc. but at a premium over face value.

I would bet a coin dealer probably bought the bags, went through to pick out the really nice ones to have slabbed and graded, and turned the rest in for face value. I don't know whether I would keep them ALL or not, but I would probably go through and keep some of the better ones. Just my 2 cents worth!

Is there any chance you can separate them into rolls for each year and mintmark? I would be interested in buying them at $11 per roll and pay for shipping.

If you are up for it send me a PM with that you have.

Thanks,
Brian

yeah they are mostly seperated now. I have over $300 worth of 2002 to 2006. most are 2004 p and d then prob 30 dollars worth each 2002 p and d. then between the 2003, 2005 and 2006 maybe 40 dollars worth. I was very selective on the 2004 cause I had so many so they are all nice and the 2002s as well. I threw quite a few back.

Let me know if you want them. I was thinking maybe selling them on ebay by the roll. But if you are intrested I will just sell some to you. Do you have a paypal account?

Nate

you know...... I just ended giving up a bunch of nickels I got tired of holding on to.... like 40, 41, 46, 47. I keep the war nickels and the less common ones I find. But would any of you guys be interested in those when I get them?

bigtime400 said:
you know...... I just ended giving up a bunch of nickels I got tired of holding on to.... like 40, 41, 46, 47. I keep the war nickels and the less common ones I find. But would any of you guys be interested in those when I get them?

I know at our local coin club meeting every month we have an auction and sometimes people put in rolls of pre-1960 nickels. They usually go for $3-4 each.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back