What's new

2002 and newer halves

SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2010
Messages
1,131
Reaction score
74
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are they worth keeping? Do they sell for anything other than face value?
 
Upvote 0
I keep them, but alot of people don't. I haven't found that many either, I'm sure once I get several rolls, I will let some go.

HH,
Legend
 
I've got a couple rolls, I toss them back now. If I knew of someone that would pay more than face I'd sell to them...
 
If you want a lot of newer try halves in Vegas if you go. I save them at home but only see 1 or 2 per box. When I hunted on a trip to Vegas I saw 1-2 per roll.
 
i save them, i think they are cool...i only have around $100.00 in rolls from circ tho :-\
keep it up and hh!
 
In the last box I searched, I found about 80 NIFC for 2003 and up. Of those, I found two 2006's, which are my first.
 
I would keep a few of each year/mint that are in good condition, but that is because I am a coin collector at heart. If you are just out for silver or profit, then they aren't really worth the time.

I have kept all that I have found so far, but lately I have been getting a large number of 2003's. Most are rather dirty so I think I'm going to start tossing them back. I will probably settle for a roll of each.
 
ive been selling them for about a buck and a half of ebay. after ebay and paypal fees, been profiting about a buck per coin. Definately not a way to get rich, but it gives me more of a bankroll for silver hunting :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom