2006 Fisher ID Excel detector

Fafe

Oct 6, 2010
Huntington, WV area
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, my first detector was a Fisher that I bought in about 1984. I remember paying about $115.00. I knew it was basic, but it did pretty well. You know, few coins, toys, etc. Life went on and "got the bug" again in 2006 and bought a Fisher ID Excel. Oh, it was new and to read the reviews it was the best thing since sliced bread. You know what I'm talking about. Well, I ordered one and just couldn't get much with it. As a matter of fact, the old cheapie I thought was better. I've used it a few more times since then, but with the same poor results. Now, I see that Fisher has discontinued the ID Excel...hmmm..wonder why? Let's face it, this is a hard hobby even with a good machine. So here's the question: Was the ID Excel a crappy machine or I just didn't operate it right? I'm thinking (again) of buying a new one. Any suggestions in the $300-400 range?

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of the time its just luck and just putting lots of time and effort until you get that good site. When you can make good finds you will remember how your detector reacted which will make you get the feel of it better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread