Attachments

• 2006%20Nickel_Proof_Obv.jpg
    2006%20Nickel_Proof_Obv.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 326

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
I'd rather see them bring back the Buffalo Nickel. Those were cool and it's also easier to say you found one with a full date. ;D

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
I LOVE the buffaloes, too. I even liked the 2005 ones. Haven't seen the 2006 in person, yet, but can't say I like it much from the news releases I've seen........

Roger

OP
OP
Diggincoinz

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's okay, glad they're only doing it for 2006. A re-design of the Buffalo nickel would be neat too as long as they recess the date the next time!

One would think that they'd learn from the Standing Liberty Quarter about recessed dates! ::)

OP
OP
Diggincoinz

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1liquigirl said:
Anybody sick of all the changing money? Our government bored or what?

YES! It's tough as hell trying to keep up with it all. We, the collectors are spending too much money on new money, I'd rather dig-it-up! But I do like some of the new state quarter designs. I Really like the Nevada quarter.

Chris

Attachments

• NEVADA.jpg
    NEVADA.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 315

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The new state quarters and nickles help to stimulate the economy. A lot of people will collect these coins by buying them from dealers or picking them out of pocket change. With the bought coins from dealers it is obvious the added economic influence. But, the pocket change? Not as apparent. As we take these coins out of circulation we are actually saving them like we would if we put them in a savings account, only we get no interest. The economy and the amount of money saved by the people of the U.S. goes up.

On another note I did find my first Buffalo Nickle last year, too band it was 2005! Arrrgh!

Ed Donovan

snake35

Jul 25, 2005
West Virginia
People are putting tons of these coins away!!!!!!! There is no rarity and without rarity there will be no increase in value. I think it will turn people off to coin collecting when they find out the new state quarters are not a good investment.

1liquigirl

Jun 13, 2005
Bellefonte, PA
I think you're right Snake, I gave up collecting the rolls of quarters in the middle of the second year. They're only worth something if they're rare and in very good condition. As for turning people off on coin collecting, well, not to sure about that one. There are tons of old coins out there still worth collecting! I'd rather find them hunting though, any day.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate to say this, but for some reason
the portrait (to me, his hair' or is it his collar ?)
makes him look effeminate.
But then again, I wasn't around back then.
maby he was.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
the buffalo nickel was kinda cool, but that one with jefferson looking like a tranny is hideous!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread