2007 Big Isle of Hawaii Water Hunting finds 90+ rings etc..

Ozzygold

Jan 9, 2008
Australia
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites PI Surf
OP
OP
finderzzs

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
Ozzygold said:
It's obvious to me now that I must venture deeper into the water and get a long scoop, the surf is nearly always rough here, it's hard to stay on your feet, but I want that gold and it sure isn't on the dry sand. Well done and keep hunting mate, hope you have a great year!
Yes it's a rough surf here in the winter also, but I find staying out deeper is not as bad except for the current a passing wave makes will sometimes move you several feet away from the hole your digging. One beach I hunt was named the worst beach in America for Spinal injuries due to the surf break.
Hey... a Guys gotta do what a Guys gotta do.. right? ;D

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
finderzzs said:
Mirage said:
finderzzs - if you got out 45 times and found 35 gold rings you must have been coming home with gold rings almost every time out. That's pretty remarkable.

I have been to Kauai and Maui but not the the big island. If you did so well where you are I would think it would be even better on the other islands. Of coarse you might have more competition. Do you have much competition were you are?

So, I imagine most of that stuff will be sold..... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Bob
You know I normally keep everything, but my house was recently broken into and they didn't take my rings so I scrapped the plain stuff, not the diamonds etc.
There are several hunters on this island but with beaches spread out, you don't often run into each other.
Plus I'm better than they are ;D ;D ;D :D
A couple of the rings including 2 diamond rings came from Kauai, I went hunting over there for a few days.
It's better, I think, to just get to really know your own beaches, although I love to take mini vacations.
And yes I normally come home with gold, It's irks me when I don't, considering I have to drive 100 miles each way and gas at $3.40/gal. Then the beaches are packed by noon 1 o'clock I have to start hunting at 6 am.
now i can say i am truly humbled. i never water hunted because the beaches [chicago lake mich] were 25 miles or 45 min to a hours drive.i always felt it was too far.and i would be out gas money instead of a few bux profit

wyattrr

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2008
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow...I'm very impressed with your bounty>>>RRRR!!! A pirate's life for you. You have a nice treasure chest going...Congrats

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
my greatest treasure when I lived in H was going to the crater gathering snow, then rushing down to the beach to throw snowballs at the tourists! they couldn't believe it was real snow! your finds are amazing!

OP
OP
finderzzs

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
wyattrr said:
Wow...I'm very impressed with your bounty>>>RRRR!!! A pirate's life for you. You have a nice treasure chest going...Congrats
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT. NOT TO LONG AGO..

Attachments

• MKdec07-4.jpg
    MKdec07-4.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 3,395
D

Driftking102

Look at all the pull tabs you've found! Ewww! Very nice rings though!

OP
OP
finderzzs

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
Detector Boy said:
Look at all the pull tabs you've found! Ewww! Very nice rings though!
HEY AT THE PRICE OF ALUMINUM I MAY HAVE A SMALL BOUNTY THERE TO... :thumbsup:

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super finds, let us know if you get out and search above the 100 mark!

OP
OP
finderzzs

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
Mike_of_Tenn said:
Good lord!!!! Man I want to move out there! So what's the count so far this year?

Mike
Terrible !!! I'm blaming the Economy. Tourism is down as much as 40% here. Plus my Machine was in the shop for a month..(excuses)... I'm at 26 Gold, 2 Platinum, 52 Sterlings. And who counts the junkers, they don't count. :laughing7: Thanks for looking.

OP
OP
finderzzs

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
scrounger said:
ur still king in my book. in usa anyway. did u try the 1280 any while the pi was down ?
No, it's to erratic in the saltwater.... Not that the PI isn't. :icon_scratch: I'll be back out this week though. Moving back to Florida in 3 weeks so gotta get in as much hunting as I can. Aloha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread