What's new

2009 halves

adambomb106

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2009
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Midland City, AL
I know people are starting to find 2009 halves. Are these produced for circulation. I found more than four rolls. ( two P's and two D's). Should l keep them all? I also found a 2002 p is it any good?
 
Upvote 0
No they are not for circulation

DW
 
Darth Walker said:
No they are not for circulation

DW

Worth anyhting(?), got a few other day & just returned them to circulation. :dontknow:
 
Much like found in the wild proofs, there are those of us on this forum who believe their ('02 - present) relatively low mintages will garner a premium.

Soon ? Who knows ?
 
This was my reply to another post from yesterday concerning NIFC's.......


I keep them all......everyone I find unless it is in really bad shape then it goes to the ole dump site. I will not benefit from these NIFC's but possibly my great grandchildren or their children.

It is my opinion that eventually somewhere down the line they will carry a premium just due to the low mintages. Plus the fact that I don't have very much out of pocket expense hoarding them. If it doesn't pan out....oh well.....it's a small no interest savings plan....lol.
 
Well, If you guys look at the definitions from PCGS and NGC about

not rare coins
rare coins,
extremely rare coins,
an extreme rarity coin
Unique coin

All the NIFC will be considered not rare coins so if in a certain year the halve mintage for a specific coin was 19,000,000 and for the NIFC mintage was 2,000,000
Still the coin is not rare at all.

DW
 
I throw all of the NIFC back except for the clad proofs which my son collects.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom