What's new

2009 pennies worthless in 10 years

Jimmy@romega

Full Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2008
Messages
241
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
rome, ga
I see this penny like i do the 1976 quarter millions made, a massive hoard and absolutely worthless 30 years later. So what do other's think? I can imagine the 2020 red-book on the 2009 penny .25 ms65
 
Upvote 0
Since the mint is scaling back production and all, the number minted will probably not be anywhere near the mintage of the bicentennials. And it will be split up between four different designs. Of course, lots of people will be saving them...in mint condition. The way I see it...its best to grab up as many as you can at face value, and then just wait and see what happens.
 
its zinc it rots just looking at it
 
will be worthless long before that :D

Than again The One Surviving Cent That hasn't Rotted away
"Yet" or was put in an Airtight Container
may end up worth a quarter :wink:
 
I think it won't be worthless, it is at least worth a penny! :coffee2:
 
Seagates said:
I think it won't be worthless, it is at least worth a penny! :coffee2:

Ah but what if they Discontinue the Penny like so
many Want :wink:

As it is now, you need a ton of them
to buy something & Nobody wants them if
they Gotta Count a ton of Pennies.

But I'll keep Diggin' them up :coffee2:
 
Make your money now on the 2009's if you can.

Golden Silver
 
Just sold 2 rolls 2009 P for $20
 
That is what I am talking about. I could only find two individual coins around here so far.

Golden Silver
 
I called my bank randomly to ask.....they said each one of their stand alone branches got 1 box, but could only sell a few rolls......4 banks and 23 rolls later =)
 
Who cares what it will be worth?
Sell them now and buy some silver.
 
I found 9 of the log cabin 2009 D pennies this week. My first ones found other than those sent to me by fellow board members (Which were all P's). Jason, do you need a few D's at all for anything?

I"m keeping 3, as I have three Whitman's to fill. The other six? I'm going to give them to the tellers at my best buy bank and my dump bank. NOt a single teller has seen one yet, so giving them a penny is a cheap way to get them something they will be excited about and cost me ... well a PENNY. Cheaper than doughnuts, and because of the rarity of them I bet they like them better than the doughnuts.

If I get more, I'll hold on to them (Or share them if anyone still needs a few). I'd like to get a roll of each for the this year. Probably not going to be worth anything, but what the heck. It is only 50 cents taken from my arsenal for each roll kept. ONe NIFC half costs me the same. LOL.

I saw a good article about state quarters, and how some of them are going for good numbers, even now. A roll of Georgia is selling for $40. That's not the price they are offered by a coin dealer, but that was what he was OFFERING this past Friday for uncirculated rolls. Others were high too. So I"m going to keep a roll of each design in P and D (If I can get that many). PLus my son was born in 2009 (I'm about to turn 50 next month, and my FIRST child was born in Janaury! YIKES!!) so that will be nice to give him some day.

I heard the 2009 nickel and dimes are also going to be in lesser numbers than normal, so they might be more collectible. FYI. So keep what you find, at lest for now.

Good luck to all this week. I'm off to get some penny boxes tomorrow.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom