What's new

2010 ring finds

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2004
Messages
1,253
Reaction score
21
Golden Thread
0
Location
East Tennessee
What are you guys and gals shooting for in 2010? I usually get between 20-30 gold rings a year.
Wish I lived closer to the beach. I always shoot for 20 a year last 4 years I have met that or better.
3 so far this year so I am off to a good start lets hope it keeps up. What are you going for?
 
Upvote 0
I have been MDing for 3 years or so...first year I got 3, second 5, this year hoping for six, but I already have two because of the storms, and it is not even the summer...I think that I'll go for 10 this year.
I think as I gain experience, I do better...I know 10 sounds alot, but I would like to have quality more than #'s
 
Last year I had a total of 45 gold and 1 platinum ring for a total weight of 360 grams, this year I have 20 gold and 1 platinum for a total weight 110 grams.
 

Attachments

  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    87.9 KB · Views: 1,046
  • 009.webp
    009.webp
    67 KB · Views: 1,062
Here are my three gold so far for this year I always shoot for 20 gold. Last 4 years I have got at least that many. One day best was 5 two different times.
 

Attachments

  • P3160001.webp
    P3160001.webp
    19.7 KB · Views: 992
  • P3160001.webp
    P3160001.webp
    19.7 KB · Views: 991
beachboy said:
I have been MDing for 3 years or so...first year I got 3, second 5, this year hoping for six, but I already have two because of the storms, and it is not even the summer...I think that I'll go for 10 this year.
I think as I gain experience, I do better...I know 10 sounds alot, but I would like to have quality more than #'s
I have been MD for only 1 1/2 yrs 1st yr found 1 gold ring and I was hooked! Stepped up and got a Excal (end of last Nov.). Since then I have found 13 gold rings 3 need to be tested to be sure they are gold! Don't forget the 8 other pieces of gold (earring's, chains, medalions etc.) Going out hunting after the storms we've had here in Mass. have been productive! I'm looking at getting a camera to post my finds. PS can,t wait for this next storm coming M,T,W!!!!
 
I have gone beach hunting 9 times in the 3 months of owning my first detector. Haven't been to a beach that has suffered a major storm yet but did see some 3-4 foot cuts when at Boca Grande but it was high tide when I got there so didn't get much more than a few coins and a 50 caliber shell.

But still, all I seem to find is clad and have to dig deep for it, but no gold. The only ring I found was a silver earring.

I hit a few beaches at dead low and found most of the coinage at the mid-tide mark, not down at the waters edge as many claim.
 
surfnturf said:
beachboy said:
I have been MDing for 3 years or so...first year I got 3, second 5, this year hoping for six, but I already have two because of the storms, and it is not even the summer...I think that I'll go for 10 this year.
I think as I gain experience, I do better...I know 10 sounds alot, but I would like to have quality more than #'s
I have been MD for only 1 1/2 yrs 1st yr found 1 gold ring and I was hooked! Stepped up and got a Excal (end of last Nov.). Since then I have found 13 gold rings 3 need to be tested to be sure they are gold! Don't forget the 8 other pieces of gold (earring's, chains, medalions etc.) Going out hunting after the storms we've had here in Mass. have been productive! I'm looking at getting a camera to post my finds. PS can,t wait for this next storm coming M,T,W!!!!
That is right..another storm Midweek...Hope for some more Gold....We need to keep riding this wave till these storms stop
 
Hey,

Going for 150+! Im at 55 this year so far. Good luck everyone on your goals!

Crackbadger
 
I think I'll be lucky with 10. My average is one per 5 weeks (Silver rings about 1 per week). I detect about 2 hours a day 5 or 6 days a week.

Seems I need some improvement with these 20's and 45, 67, and 150+ YIKES :help: And you'll probably do it too, Crackbadger! :thumbsup:

HH Joe
 
My goal is always simple. Just ONE MORE gold! :thumbsup:
 
I'm kind of with ziphius. I never really set a quota, I just want 1 more than what I have at the time.

Here is the rings, and other gold, I've found since the first of the year. One of the rings is actually from last year, but it replaces the 2004 class ring I returned a few months ago.

frstqtrgold.jpg
 
I hope to find at least one per hunt, but that's wishful thinking. I don't keep track of the totals, just keep putting them in the safety deposit box. Maybe one day I'll take my wife on a vacation around the world or something. ;D
 
last year i found 62 Gold and 40 Silver for a total of 102. and 29 junkers. this year so far iv found only 6 Gold and 4 Silver..last 20 trips 0! too many hunters and not enough loot! but there is always tomorrow!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom