OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Re: 2011 DUTCH HUNTER'S RENDEZVOUS

All,

I just got off the phone with Ernie Provence, and he is still planing on attending the Rendezvous. Those of you who may have known Ernie or have heard about him should be looking forward to setting around a campfire with him. The man does have some stories. He was a partner with my Uncle Chuck and Tracy Hawkins for many years. Probably been close to 35-years since I last saw
him.

Can't wait!

Joe

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cactusjumper said:
All,

I just got off the phone with Ernie Provence, and he is still planing on attending the Rendezvous. Those of you who may have known Ernie or have heard about him should be looking forward to setting around a campfire with him. The man does have some stories. He was a partner with my Uncle Chuck and Tracy Hawkins for many years. Probably been close to 35-years since I last saw
him.

Can't wait!

Joe
joe .why dont you put uncle chuck's full name .. most of people have no idea who you are let alone uncle chuck ...
i am sure i can't wait ether ...

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

All,

The guest speaker for Saturday night, Oct.27th. is Bob Schoose. Other previous speakers have included: Clay Worst, Dr. Thomas Glover, Jesse Feldman, Bob Corbin and Jack San Felice. The Friday Night campfire will be open to all who wish to speak.

Saturday morning there will be a hike to Geronimo's Cave. They will be leaving early and in two groups.

The above information was posted on The LDM Forum by Wayne Tuttle.

See you there,

Joe Ribaudo

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cactusjumper said:
All,

The guest speaker for Saturday night, Oct.27th. is Bob Schoose. Other previous speakers have included: Clay Worst, Dr. Thomas Glover, Jesse Feldman, Bob Corbin and Jack San Felice. The Friday Night campfire will be open to all who wish to speak.

Saturday morning there will be a hike to Geronimo's Cave. They will be leaving early and in two groups.

See you there,

Joe Ribaudo

Hmmm - tough decision Joe!!! Do I hike with the group to Geronimo's Cave Saturday morning or follow a pot smoker to the Lost Dutchman Mine??

What to do... what to do....

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

Cubfan64 said:
cactusjumper said:
All,

See you there,

Joe Ribaudo

Hmmm - tough decision Joe!!! Do I hike with the group to Geronimo's Cave Saturday morning or follow a pot smoker to the Lost Dutchman Mine??

Paul,

Before going after the LDM, I would suggest that you first test any leader of that hike/expedition to see if he can find his a.......burro, with both hands. :dontknow:

Take care,

Joe

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Better'n cleaning the urinals with a tooth brush which I once had to do as a Petty officer 1st class = to a tech sargent for you doggies & Jarheads.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp said:
Better'n cleaning the urinals with a tooth brush which I once had to do as a Petty officer 1st class = to a tech sargent for you doggies & Jarheads.

Don Jose de La Mancha

why dose that not surprize me ..?

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cactusjumper said:
Cubfan64 said:
cactusjumper said:
All,

See you there,

Joe Ribaudo

Paul,

Before going after the LDM, I would suggest that you first test any leader of that hike/expedition to see if he can find his a.......burro, with both hands. :dontknow:

Take care,

Joe
you dont have any idea how good the flagship QM's really are .lol joe you are going to feel really foolish ..sorry but true

give me 5 mintues . there wont be anyone going to Geronimo's Cave ...it will be so quit over there you will be able to hear people talking in pheonix... :coffee2:

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California

Don Jose de La Mancha

You must have been in pretty deep doo-doo for them to make a PO-1 do that, huh?

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Joe,

I like listening to Bob Schoose. Is he going to be going sorth? :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Sorry, everyone, you know, it's one of those things where you just had to be there.

Beth

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

Beth,

I believe Sorth by Sorthwest...... ;D ;D

Tom will be doing a nice article about the Rendezvous, which will be in the newspaper Oct. 3rd. I
believe he is planing on donating a very nice book to be raffled off at the event. The proceeds will be used to help defray some of the costs for the Rendezvous.

Everyone there will want that book.

See you in camp,

Joe

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mrs.oroblanco said:
BB,

We've given you 5 years, is 5 more minutes going to help?

Beth

your not giveing me anything at this point .. but those that acted like childern to me i will make sure the legend walks right around you in the future...in 5 mintues i can translate the all the stones, the waltz will , the ruth gonzales map , and explain what waltz clues mean .. i can point out 5 of the missing Perdo Peralta mines ...and yes i can walk to the MA mine with out guess what so ever .. so you do what ever you want .. but you remember just like i told joe .. you have only seen what i did to protect my discoveries ..you have never met me and i dont know you .. i would hope your smart enough Beth to set back and watch this become history .. and to share in the event as someone who was there when the mine was found ...

if you dont want to hear what i have to say then i feel sorry for you ,and your future will not be as bright as it could be .. i like you and roy but after so much pushing and pokeing it got a little old fast .. and i may have out right got pist at times and not always at anyone on this site . i pushed and poke my self all the time ..i can not wait for this to end .. i have a life to get back to ....

stay safe stay free ...

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cactusjumper said:
Beth,

I believe Sorth by Sorthwest...... ;D ;D

Tom will be doing a nice article about the Rendezvous, which will be in the newspaper Oct. 3rd. I
believe he is planing on donating a very nice book to be raffled off at the event. The proceeds will be used to help defray some of the costs for the Rendezvous.

Everyone there will want that book.

See you in camp,

Joe

not everyone ..

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

All,

Tom Kollenborn will be donating a copy of "The Chronological History of the Superstition Wilderness Area, the Lost Dutchman Mine and the Adjacent Central Mountain Region. A Chronological Listing of Associated Prehistory and History 300 B.C. to 2000"

More details here: http://www.lost-dutchman.com/dutchman/coretwo.html#kollenborn

This book was only available, for sale, to libraries. I imagine Tom will sign it.

Joe Ribaudo

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

EE: You posted -->You must have been in pretty deep doo-doo for them to make a PO-1 do that, huh?

To top it of, it was a seaman 2nd in charge of our group, which included two CPO's. All because of a little misunderstanding, sniff. When I returned from the Guadalcanal campaign to San Diego in 43, I was sent to the Oakland naval base with 'no reporting' date? So I went hunting and fishing for two weeks before completing my trip and reporting in.

My rationale was that I had been lucky, I only had had a few .20 mm shrapnel wounds and Dengue. I might not be so lucky the next time, so enjoy it while you can, which I did.

The CO, being an understanding gentleman, "said you know that we cannot prosecute you as being AWOL, but you will be on the tooth brush detail with no liberty, until you leave for overseas again.

I have no idea what the CPO's were brushing for, but he lost three pros right then. Asap possible after the War, I left the Navy, went bk to college and later became a USAF Gentleman myself.

Sad story of the beginning of my criminal career. sigh

Don Jose de La Mancha (El Saint with tarnished wings)

p.s. some day I will have to tell you how I received a year of Naval electronic training and never served a day of my agreement to extend for it. snicker.

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California

p.s. some day I will have to tell you how I received a year of Naval electronic training and never served a day of my agreement to extend for it. snicker.

Yeah, when they spend the training money on you, they want to get their investment back. Glad to see that somebody beat them at the game!

:coffee2: :coffee2:

dustcap

Apr 1, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo, Minelab Sovereign XS 2 Pro and Fisher 2 box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cactusjumper said:
There is no permit needed to drive the road to the trailhead ...Joe Ribaudo

Bill (because you asked) and any others that may be interested,

I was digging through some old photos and came across some that may be of interest.
the sign about permits, a long horned visitor, and the turn off to the Quarter Circle U Ranch. I found this one on Google Earth (photo by ikanode) where you bear left to continue on to the Dons Club and the Peralta Trailhead.

Notice the cactus stuck to the cow's lower lip.

Attachments

• state trust land.jpg
    state trust land.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 744
  • steer eating cactus 8x12.jpg
    steer eating cactus 8x12.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 749
  • turnoff to QuarterCircleU Ranch.jpg
    turnoff to QuarterCircleU Ranch.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 758

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks, Ken,

I know I took pictures of that area too (longhorns, included), but, since I started putting them on disk, I have not been able to find the ones I was looking for.

I'm sure glad you did!!

Beth

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread