2011 Starts in CT - Civil War Button, Barber Quarter, and 1879 Pat Buckle...

FooserPaul

May 9, 2008
Somewhere in CT
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Hello ALL!

I have to say I've never been so excited to dig pull tabs... or anything for that matter... Its been a long long winter here in Southern New England...

I did get out later this afternoon to a park I've worked over the last 3 years... There is still plenty there I'm sure :-)

392011_Totals-1.jpg

This button was a pretty solid 12/35, but not super smooth... but it repeated both ways... 5" range...

Looks like: Albert CT13A1 Button depicts Connecticut state seal symbolism, grape vines with Latin inscription, "He who transplanted continues to sustain", intended for troops of Connecticut units. Backmark: "SCOVILL MF'G CO. / (star) WATERBURY. (star) " rmdc on stippled background, ca 1850's, (ScovillM210). Two part convex button, coat size. Nondug button, gilded, stand up shank.

392011_Ct_Button-1.jpg

Next up was an iffy 7" target... But once I the plug was out... 12/46 was ringing in my ears :-) Nice silver to start out the year...

392011_1900BarberQtr-1.jpg

5 feet away from the Barber was this 8" target that sounded like a quarter as well... but not consistent and was only good one way... but I'm glad I recovered it :-)

392011_1879_Buckle-1.jpg

Can't wait to get back out!

Happy Hunting :-)
Paul

Upvote 0

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
Oh yeah Paul, that's a great way to celebrate the end of winter.

Very nice finds.

:icon_thumleft:

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad your out and digging Paul. That barber looks good. A good start to the 2011 silver count. :thumbsup:

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like your ready and anxious to tear up the thawed out CT dirt Nice hunt :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions