2014 Gold from Maine!

MadJack_ME

Apr 11, 2013
Maine, mostly
Detector(s) used
Original Gold Bug, Dahlke Dredges, LeTrap Sluice for clean-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This isn't all of it but a good portion. Nearly 4 ounces total from 8 weekends this past summer!
After 35 years finding where the gold isn't, I think we're on to something...

100_2449.JPG two nuggets 1.jpeg

Last edited:

Sluice Box

Jan 1, 2012
The cold north
Detector(s) used
ACE 150, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pickers you got there! Living here in Michigan, I am very jealous.

Sluice Box

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get it on Jack,wish we coulda found that kind a gold when you were here visiting. Great folks,fantastic weather,lousy gold.....:icon_scratch:-John

Attachments

• DSCN0803.JPG
    DSCN0803.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 164
Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MadJack_ME

Apr 11, 2013
Maine, mostly
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty slick John, never knew you took any pics when we were there!
17 years we yapped back and forth on the web and I finally got to meet ya. Had a ball visiting your claims.
One of my best summers traveling and prospecting, and some of our best gold.

Thanks VP and Sluicebox!

AlaskaGold

Nov 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man oh man this nice gold, great job. Not sure but I might trade that in for some of those Maine lobsters you guys have! Man I need to get back east a have a lobster roll. Congrates on some beautiful chunky gold.

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey madjack that some awesome looking gold there never seen nuggets like that from maine is that from the swift or sandy or how about cupsuptic river?

OP
OP
M

MadJack_ME

Apr 11, 2013
Maine, mostly
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not the Swift although I still go there occasionally. Not the Sandy as a lot of that is closed to motorized prospecting.
Not the Cupsuptic as that is just plain CLOSED and heavily patrolled by Wardens as well as Border Patrol.
And as you probably know if I told you [or anyone] we would no longer have to ourselves. It's bad enough we have an intruder already!

Beav

Mar 22, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
VLF
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
MadJack,

Surely you don't mean ME as the intruder?!?!?! Just kiddin. Great lookin gold there.
I still have not gone to your other "unmentionable" secret spot you told me about. I'm keepin that spot under wraps.
Unless, (gulp), you got this gold there?

Take care!
Beav in NS

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey no prob I totally understand as I too south of the swift have made a few discoveries myself I have found for me so far I've had my best luck crevacing and just got done building a vac so we'll see but anyways that's some nice nuggets for maine right there!

Nugs Bunny

Mar 13, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great, now you started a Maine Gold Rush! LOL!!! :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Awesome gold! I wouldn't leave the spot with a cleanout like that, especially after fiddling with the gnat crap sized gold from Ohio.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the gold!

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
WOW!! Very nice and 4 oz, too. Those in your hand look to be 2-3 grams each. Did you weigh them individually?

OP
OP
M

MadJack_ME

Apr 11, 2013
Maine, mostly
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4.8 grams and 6.? grams, 1 day and 10' apart.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG quick get the camera crew,d-10s,back loaders,massive wash plants as mining the miners'll make you rich beyond your wildest dreams,massacre the enviroment and get ya a new name like Toad that lode of blubbery ignorance. :occasion14: John

FragFox

Dec 21, 2014
Eastern Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster, Bullseye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great gold! I wasn't aware of any good size nuggets like that here in the East.

OP
OP
M

MadJack_ME

Apr 11, 2013
Maine, mostly
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd rather do a low-key easy-going show for the everyday prospector to enjoy over the winter. Something that shows the how-to and DYI stuff as well as the fun & ball-busting that goes on, on the river and off.
Interviews with old miners too decrepit to get in the water, stories and lies, talk of miners passed, and more.

Ol' Buzzard Massie had a good run but the boys went for the corporate dollar over the fun of mining.

FragFox, they ain't common but they're here... and deep!

This summer I will again be adding video footage to my library in hopes of a future show.

Nugs Bunny

Mar 13, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd rather do a low-key easy-going show for the everyday prospector to enjoy over the winter. Something that shows the how-to and DYI stuff as well as the fun & ball-busting that goes on, on the river and off.
Interviews with old miners too decrepit to get in the water, stories and lies, talk of miners passed, and more.

Ol' Buzzard Massie had a good run but the boys went for the corporate dollar over the fun of mining.

FragFox, they ain't common but they're here... and deep!

This summer I will again be adding video footage to my library in hopes of a future show.

You mean a REAL reality show for gold miners and prospectors, not some corporate scripted drama to gain ratings type of show for couch potatoes? Sounds like a great idea!!!

I have been wanting to get a Go Pro and a low end professional camera, they have entry level cinematic ones for around $2500.00. I have been using Sony Vegas Studio for all of my editing but have decided to switch to Adobe After Effects after seeing what can be done with Adobe. If you plan on making a lot of videos you may want to look into After Effects.

I was thinking about doing a parody show, poking fun at all the other "reality" shows. Not just the prospecting ones either, there are a few "reality" metal detecting shows that somebody should be making fun of too! Lol :laughing7:

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome work! :) Love the pics!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread