What's new

2017 P Liberty Nickel

hogan36

Full Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2013
Messages
178
Reaction score
79
Golden Thread
0
Location
memphis ,tn
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just pulled this out of my change and wanted to know what could have caused this Nickel to look like this. I'm unsure if it came from the mint company like this or what happened to it. Sorry about my hand being in the video attached below.
 

Attachments

  • 2017 P Nickel Back.webp
    2017 P Nickel Back.webp
    178.8 KB · Views: 88
  • 2017 P Nickel.webp
    2017 P Nickel.webp
    167.3 KB · Views: 66
  • nickel 2017 p.mov
    5.6 MB
It's been damaged, no real way to say how it happened. Could have been hit by a lawnmower, intentionally damaged by someone, there are no end of possibilities. Nothing like this could have happened during minting though.
 
Coin took a few hits. I’ve seen worse. All post mint damage.

Time for more coffee.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom