Dirty Digger Doug

Jul 17, 2020
Grand Rapids Michigan
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife says, hey I found two 2022P coins on the beach today. As I was glancing at them she says they look different. My reply was that's because they are facing the opposite direction. She said no, they have different hair styles. My reply was no way. She handed them to me and I can clearly see at the top of the braid in the hair of the quarter on the left next to the words in God we trust, is the die error. The one on the right is correct. This is a cool find. She uses a plastic scoop on the beach so it wasn't hit by a shovel. Should the coin be sent in for certification?

Attachments

• IMG_20220327_210415053_BURST001~2.jpg
    IMG_20220327_210415053_BURST001~2.jpg
    441.8 KB · Views: 7,226
Upvote 8

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is another error of the lips and the corner of the mouth of the coin on the left. It looks like he has a bad under-bite. The top lip falls behind the bottom lip. Wow.
I think he has Copenhagen in his mouth.LOL Good catch on the error now I'm going to have to look for that coin.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife says, hey I found two 2022P coins on the beach today. As I was glancing at them she says they look different. My reply was that's because they are facing the opposite direction. She said no, they have different hair styles. My reply was no way. She handed them to me and I can clearly see at the top of the braid in the hair of the quarter on the left next to the words in God we trust, is the die error. The one on the right is correct. This is a cool find. She uses a plastic scoop on the beach so it wasn't hit by a shovel. Should the coin be sent in for certification?
Nice!!!! Congrats!!!!

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great catch. can't tell for sure if there was some kind of trash in with the die when it stamped, or if the blank planchet had the error prior to stamping. So far all I've found in change where I live are Denver mint quarters of the new design

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread