22 cal Civil War Rim-fire bullet?

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone ever seen of found a 22 cal rim-fire bullet or maybe even the case of one?
( That's was from the Civil War Period) of course..

I have heard there was & one of my reference books shows an example ( if I recall correctly) but It pictures it in it's Case.

I've dug a couple suspicious examples "Bullets" and have saved the "Short Rim-fire Cases"
that I have dug , from the area I found the bullets. [ most are post CW IMO] but I keep them JIC.

Any info or esp pictures will help
Thanks
Davers

Upvote 0
Hmmmm.
No info. yet.
Davers

Looking. I am not aware Davers but that does not mean anything. Let me see what I can dig up.

The S&W number one was available since 1857 and was carried by many as a pocket pistol during the war. It is the same as a .22 short. Copy and pasting from google.

The common .22 Short cartridge dates from 1857. It is the oldest cartridge still being loaded today. It was the first American metallic cartridge, introduced in for the first S&W revolver, a pocket pistol developed for personal protection. It was popular during the American Civil War, carried as personal weapons by soldiers on both sides.

Thanks Tnmountains for your time & the info.
It's been very helpful.
Davers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back