24K Ring Follows Gold Luck Token

winslow

Oct 30, 2004
Oregon, No Cal Border
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Max, Equinox 800
Took my detector with me on vacation to South Florida. No beach hunting ... just parks with a small coil . My observation is that most detectorists hang out at the beach. I squeezed in 5 hunts of about 2 hours each and found just under 500 clad coins that added up to about $51.00. There were just too many zinc pennies, pull tabs and shredded can slaw to dig targets that I would normally dig. Each sweep of the detector would generate about 3 to 10 targets (sometimes more) under trees at parks. Man .. I'm not used to that!

One of my first targets was one of those (40's- 50's era) aluminum good luck tokens that I dug near a canal. It looked like crap when I dug it and I thought it was a bi-metal foreign coin at first. There was an iguana, about 2.5 foot in length, that didn't like what I was doing and he (she?) dived into the water and swam off like a fish under water. I didn't know they could do that.

In a complete stroke of luck I was digging a quarter target the next day under a tree loaded with coins and the usual crap. Dug out the quarter, scanned the hole again and got a nickel target right near where I dug. Dug that target and out popped a gold wedding band. I didn't realize until I got back that day and cleaned things up that it had the markings for 24K gold. Nice weight at 7.33 grams. 24K ... that's a first for me.

Other finds included a gold over .900 silver cartouche pendant. A cartouche is a persons name spelled out in Hieroglyphs. Never ran across that kind of thing before. Another gold find was a 14K earring. Pretty light at .90 grams but gold is gold. Also, a cheap but pretty citrine looking ring. A leather bracelet adorned with silver was a surprise at 4 inches deep.

Another first for me was an elongated quarter. Found a number of elongated pennies over the years but never a quarter.

Of course the wedding band was the find of the trip. Glad I brought my detector!

Attachments

• Miami lucky broke 2018.jpg
    Miami lucky broke 2018.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 109
  • Miami Lucky wheat 2018.jpg
    Miami Lucky wheat 2018.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 86
  • Miami cartouche 2018.jpg
    Miami cartouche 2018.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 69
  • miami braceler sil 2018.jpg
    miami braceler sil 2018.jpg
    347 KB · Views: 80
  • miami iguana 2018.jpg
    miami iguana 2018.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 78
  • Miami 24k 2018.jpg
    Miami 24k 2018.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 87
  • Miami scull other 2018.jpg
    Miami scull other 2018.jpg
    306.4 KB · Views: 96
  • miami citrine ring 2018.jpg
    miami citrine ring 2018.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 90
  • miami 14k earring 2018.jpg
    miami 14k earring 2018.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 95
  • Miami cartouche name side.jpg
    Miami cartouche name side.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 77
Upvote 29
Nice work!!! 🙌

Very nice finds. Congrats

Congratualtions on the Gold! :occasion14:

Never seen a 24k gold before. Best for me has been 22k. Super nice find.

Keep swingin.

24 k wow that's some payday cool finds you did very well

Awesome finds! Nice rings and things! Congrats! :icon_thumleft:

Congratulations on the finds. Yes those iguana's can swim I worked on the seven mile bridge between Marathon and Key West They can swim and climb straight up a concrete wall

Wow, 9999 is 24k gold and you found it.Now is Novembers birth stone a cheap stone?

Great work and perfect strategy Thunter!

I scored a 14K cartouche at a yard sale once and it had the name Ezelle on the back. My wife said I think "I'll wear that!" I said "But it doesn't say Betsy!" to which she replied "As if someone's gonna know that!" I had to concede the point.

Best wishes and good luck!

Sweet!!!! Congrats!!!! And 24k!!! Awesome!!!

Excellent job! My experience is that a 24k gold ring will hit high tone, not a nickel/mid tone. Did you air test that ring after finding it?

Thats some pretty nice digging.

Beautiful gold ! :icon_thumleft:
Interesting hunt .

I bought those cartouches for all the girls in my family when I was in Turkey For Operation Northern Watch back in the late 90's.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back