Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now I have a place to research I doubt the owners would give permission I'll have to get in a cow disguise and graze

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tommy, I've been trout fishing near Scottville for years. Let's get up there and find the Gold!

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was :lurk: and saw the post. I found some info on the site and have aerial pic of the land I believe was the farm. Anyone gonna :protest: if I dowse it to see if anything shows up?
Jon
8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Tommy, I've been trout fishing near Scottville for years. Let's get up there and find the Gold!

I've deer hunted near. Well, near enough Scottville. Frogged around the old and new hatchery. Spied on some steelie's below...

Gotta wonder who had gold around there during the great depression era though...Or who would have hauled much of anything that direction.(?)

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was :lurk: and saw the post. I found some info on the site and have aerial pic of the land I believe was the farm. Anyone gonna :protest: if I dowse it to see if anything shows up?
Jon
8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

Jon, go ahead and I wish you luck. Should be quiet up in that area now that it's winter! Take pics of what you find!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve seriously give me a call Ill go juist need a little advance notice winters good for me if the ground isnt frozen let me know Happoy new year to you and yours also Tommy

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys! My procedure is to photo dowse first, if something repeatable comes up I will let you know. Then I figure out who currently owns the land. I'm not going up by myself. There's some mysterious things in the story, as usual, lol
Jon 8-) :cat::occasion14: :headbang:,

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys! My procedure is to photo dowse first, if something repeatable comes up I will let you know. Then I figure out who currently owns the land. I'm not going up by myself. There's some mysterious things in the story, as usual, lol
Jon 8-) :cat::occasion14: :headbang:,

Jon, they mention a rail fence and house as landmarks. Check the property lines in-case the G was put under a fence post.

xdanthemanx

Oct 25, 2007
clarkston michigan
Detector(s) used
E-trac & XLT
i will see if i have plat maps for that area and that time frame, if i do i will let you guys know, i juts have to find my portable drive i have all my research on i've moved around a bit......

WG2020

Oct 9, 2018
SW Ohio
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Teleprospector,

Question, how many of your 27 Honorable Mentions (great job by the way) were found with a dowsing rod. Thanks for your answer in advance. Good luck with your hunts. Walt

CoachRocha

Aug 6, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any update on this? I am new today and since I am in Michigan, I am sticking my nose into all the forums that have to do with this awesome state!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions