What's new

$25 in Pennies

JasonB

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2008
Messages
750
Reaction score
17
Golden Thread
0
Location
Alexandria, VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
I had the day off yesterday so I decided to hunt some pennies. I hit my local branch and got a box, I opened it on the way home and it was solid 2010 Ps. So, I stopped at another branch and got a box. Opened it on the way and it was solid 2010 Ps!

I hit a 3rd bank (not a member of this bank) and got a 3rd box. I opened it and it was not new coins. It was strange though because the wrappers were all clear. It was a Brinks box.

So, I got 21 wheats including a 1917, 1918, and 1935. It was a fun box. I set aside the dates that I like to check for die varieties so I still have them to check. I also got several BU cents from the 60's.

HH!
JasonB
 
Upvote 0
Jason,
Great score on wheats. Any box that gives up 20+ is good in my book!
Nice mix,
Steve
 
Good score on the wheats. I avg about 10 to 12 a box :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
HH.Miner
 
My average is much less also, 8-10 per box. I think I'll try this bank again and see if I can repeat my luck.
 
Nice score on the wheaties :icon_thumleft:
Funny how the adds in coin world are still trying to sell rolls of 2010's for $3.95, but I guess people are still buying them or the price would come down :dontknow:
HH,
Legend
 
Does it seem like it's common to get wheats from the teens, twenties, & thirties out on the east coast? I do penny boxes occasionally and I get usually 40's & 50's. Haven't gotten early ones in a long time. Is this generally true that east coast penny boxes are better from earlier dates? Despite 40's & 50's, I do get a lot of "S" mints because of where I live but I would like to get earlier wheats too.
 
I think in general the East Coast is a bit better for finding some older coins, but when you search in high volume on either coast your bound to find some oldies.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom