27 Grams Sterling, shoe Buckle Frag, and Big Foot ?

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow it seems that as soon as the beans are cut the winter wheat goes right in, leaves no time to dig.

Got a couple targets today.
Sterling spoon was a surprise, I wasn't expecting, but is at least 80 years old, this mark hasn't been used since the 30's
I wished the shoe buckle frame wasn't broke, but such is life.
The big piece of lead has a round "stamp" on it, but no other decernable markings, so just a curiousity.
and last I got a lead "big foot"

EDIT Forgot 1 blank copper ( no surprise) and two plain jane buttons)

The spoon is as good a 5 common silver quarters so happy with that even though it looks like it's been through a war.

Attachments

• IMG_1632.JPG
    IMG_1632.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_1628.JPG
    IMG_1628.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_1634.JPG
    IMG_1634.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_1635.JPG
    IMG_1635.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_1633.JPG
    IMG_1633.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Upvote 13
Getting almost an once of silver in one shovel full is a great dig, cool foot.

That silver will pay for your batteries Rick :thumbsup:

Good digs Rick. I have yet to find a sterling piece of silverware, I'd be pretty happy with that for sure.

great spoon. can't beat solid sterling flatware for free

Nice silver save there Rick, yeah I have noticed the planting going on right after bean harvest, its hard enough to find anything out here all-ready :BangHead:

Nice save on ole silver spoon Rick...good to see you continuing your digging!

Good digs Rick. I have yet to find a sterling piece of silverware, I'd be pretty happy with that for sure.

This is only my second complete one, first was 2013 a 1700's with a ship on it.
find13rev050.JPG

Got 3 or 4 broken pieces the same year.

Nice save on ole silver spoon Rick...good to see you continuing your digging!

Yes still digging, have a great looking spot in mind for tomorrow, just hope I'm not too late.

Rick that spoon is great! i compare my sterling finds to coins as far as weight goes too...great job man!

Holy moley, that ship spoon is exquisite!

Nice finds Rick...glad to see you hunting. I'm pretty sure I know exactly where you were hunting...I've got the same spoon! Haha...small world! PM me...we'll compare notes!

Rick that is a sweet spoon man..I love those personalized items..Looks like your on another silver year like 2013:headbang:

That buckle must have been a real beauty in its day..I see a full Colonial buckle in your finds this year.

~Blaze~

Nice finds Rick...glad to see you hunting. I'm pretty sure I know exactly where you were hunting...I've got the same spoon! Haha...small world! PM me...we'll compare notes!

Took me awhile to remember where I was...Exactly...maybe.
yes I'll PM you.

Rick that is a sweet spoon man..I love those personalized items..Looks like your on another silver year like 2013:headbang:

That buckle must have been a real beauty in its day..I see a full Colonial buckle in your finds this year.

~Blaze~

Check out my next post...58 grams of Silver.

I like the foot !!!..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back