What's new

293 reasons why I like coin sorter bags

dave5710

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2010
Messages
615
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
T-2 Garrett Pro Pointer
It has been about a month since I had gotten a bag of dimes. Either they weren't available or I would say something cute to the teller, like "surprise me" when I had been given a choice of either dimes or quarters. Today, several quarter bag skunks later, I told myself to ask for the dimes. It was a good decision.
 

Attachments

  • scan0005.webp
    scan0005.webp
    358.8 KB · Views: 754
  • scan0006.webp
    scan0006.webp
    22.9 KB · Views: 737
  • scan0003.webp
    scan0003.webp
    365.8 KB · Views: 725
  • scan0004.webp
    scan0004.webp
    371.7 KB · Views: 738
Upvote 0
Are you serious?!?!?! That is awesome!! You found a seated in a bag?!?! Talk about your all time scores!!! Big congratulations are in order!
 
Holy Crap!! 3 replies before I even got the pictures in the right order!

There were 236 Rosies and 56 Mercs. I was hoping for a Barber, when I started seeing all the Mercs. What I found strange was that they were in little groups of 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. Like they were sticky. I think they were in a very damp basement for a long time.
 
That is unbelievable. Just the seated alone would have been awesome. Throw in another 292 silver dimes including 56 Mercs out of the same bag and its just...just...I can't even come up with a word that would do this score justice. Congrats!!
 
:o :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
That's absurd! Now I really want to go pick up my dime box tomorrow and I'd be happy to find 2 or 3. Jeez, that's roughly 21 oz.s of the old argent! And all those Mercs?! Talk about madness. I guess it's all in the luck of the draw.

Congradulations
 
:icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: That is great. Any interesting dates on the Mercury dimes?

Maine_Jim
 
hmmmm. jealousy is setting in. Nice find indeed!! I can only hope to get a score like that soon.
 
That is awesome!
 
Hey Dave, glad to see you hit the Jackpot :notworthy: on those dimes. You was at the right place at the right time :thumbsup:
 
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DIME MEGA DREAM BAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
keep it up and hh!
 
Thanks guys, Mauser Man and East Ky Miner, I agree, right place at the right time. Maine Jim, no nothing key, a 25, a 27, another 8 in the 30's and heavy on the 40's.

Gonna go back Friday morning and see if Lisa (the head teller) can find a bag of nickels or quarters that filled up about the same time. Probably won't be worth the trip (20 miles, each way), but I'll kick myself if I don't try.
 
Dave you are probably right. Sounds like someone just dumped some old rolls all at once. Hopefully they dropped some quarters to though.
 
Awesome score and great pics! Big time congrats for being in the right place at the right time. If you didn't get those, they could have turned into someone's dream box.
 
Wow, are you anywhere near Sparta, Illinois? Cause that is madness...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom