What's new

293 reasons why I like coin sorter bags

dave5710

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2010
Messages
615
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
T-2 Garrett Pro Pointer
It has been about a month since I had gotten a bag of dimes. Either they weren't available or I would say something cute to the teller, like "surprise me" when I had been given a choice of either dimes or quarters. Today, several quarter bag skunks later, I told myself to ask for the dimes. It was a good decision.
 

Attachments

  • scan0005.webp
    scan0005.webp
    358.8 KB · Views: 754
  • scan0006.webp
    scan0006.webp
    22.9 KB · Views: 737
  • scan0003.webp
    scan0003.webp
    365.8 KB · Views: 725
  • scan0004.webp
    scan0004.webp
    371.7 KB · Views: 738
Upvote 0
ask to see if they got in any "big dollars" or halves -- plus check the quarter bag --whenever that bag was filled up with all those silver dimes I bet there was --silver quarters and halves and dollars turned in as well.
 
Nice cull on the silver. It makes all the tedious skunks worthwhile. Go and get the rest and check for the big dollars. Someone cleaned out an estate's basement.
 
Thats a hell of a find. Nice going!
 
Yep, unbelievably awesome haul there Dave !

Keep us posted on what the other denomination's bags hold.

While some coin counters will reject silver, yours obviously did not. 8)

Mucho kudos; and enjoy the high.
 
Dave,
That's awesome.....simply awesome. I just knew someone would hit a big score soon
Congrats. Enjoy your weekend just looking at them. Great pix, too!
rileyboy
 
Awesome dime score! :headbang: Huge congrats. :thumbsup:
 
Good god. I am speachless. A seated good god almighty

Golden Silver
 
Kudos to Bigj for coming up with a new phrase Coingasm..... I think this is worthy of the term.

Golden Silver
 
I must have missed this post. Glad to see you scored big on the dimes! Good luck if you go back for the others! ffd
 
Well I went back to the bank and spoke with Lisa, she fixed me up with a bag of quarters, a bag of nickels and a bag of pennies. I found one War nickel and the quarters were a skunk, (did get a Yellowstone NP). I'm only a 1/3 through the pennies, but it looks bad as well.

After I paid her and loaded the coins into the car, she came out and said that they just changed the bag of quarters and I could trade the one I had for the new one.

Do I want to keep the prize I've already won, or trade it for what is behind curtain #2? :dontknow: I kept the one I had.

She did say she would keep her eyes open for me.

It was quite a rush at first, but now I realize that I'll never top this one. Not with dimes at least.

My goal has always been to find 365 silvers or keepers each year. Keepers being Indianheads, buffalos, proofs, etc., I have never reached it until now, got close last year. This puts me right about 500 ytd.

I hope you all have a coingasm of your own real soon. :laughing7:
 
Nice work there Dave, sorry the other bags did not produce for you, but man o man that's a lot of silver! around $380! like I said nice going! HH

Chuck.
 
That was one sweet bag! I haven't went thru one in awhile, think I'll pick one up Monday.
HH
enamel7
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom