The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like the Alien Pin....I have found one of those, plus the old soccer Alien Pin! great job.............!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice haul GC....What I've been doing is noticing place's down the road to work and taking down the address,I go to a property search and try to figure out who own's it,9 time's out of 10 you can pull up a telephone # to call.......Good luck.Nice haul and HH!!

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
Goldencoin, can you post a picture of the mickey mouse ring? I found one the other day but didn't know if it was silver.

OP
OP
goldencoin

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Seeker said:
Like the Alien Pin....I have found one of those, plus the old soccer Alien Pin! great job.............!

alien pendent, not pin

civilman1 said:
Nice haul GC....What I've been doing is noticing place's down the road to work and taking down the address,I go to a property search and try to figure out who own's it,9 time's out of 10 you can pull up a telephone # to call.......Good luck.Nice haul and HH!!

how do i get the telephone #'s..is it possible to mail a letter

ringding said:
Goldencoin, can you post a picture of the mickey mouse ring? I found one the other day but didn't know if it was silver.

It has a 925 on the bottom rim, but i'lll take a close uo in my next post

Thanks
-GC

OP
OP
goldencoin

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry....alll i can get is a blur on cheap-o camera, but i will give you details:

There is a raised Mickey Mouse in the top of the ring
There are two Heart-shaped disighnes partly under the raised Mickey Mouse disihgn.
If you have the same ring with all of the band, then there definatly sould be a 925 on the right rim of the ring

If you can take a good pic of yours, then i could identify it

HH
-GC

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Nice GC...Glad to see that your finds keep getting better and better...As far as permission...just ask..Be pleasant...explain your hobby....and ask
I just recieved permission to hunt over twenty properties from a man who everyone told me was an old grouchy bear and never would allow me to hunt his land. So I went to the houses that he was tearing down and put a big note on every door...asking that the person who owns the property to please call me.It took him three days, but he called and I met him at one of the teardowns. I first asked if I could have the plants in the yard and then a couple of the solid oak doors and explained that I was remodeling an old cabin.He didnt have a problem with that and even helped me take the doors down as well as several glass doorknobs off the other doors.

Then I started telling him how money was found in floor boards and registers of old homes ...he seemed interested ..so I went to the jeep and got my detector...within a few minutes I had found several dimes and pennies. Then I asked him if he cared if I did the entire property...and he said not at all..and then he said..."But if you find a million dollars you have to split it with me"...No prob. :) I spent the rest of the afternoon hunting one of the properties and every once in a while he would yell out to me ,"what did you find" and I would answer..."we are up to 3.00 so your half is 1.50.....I know he thought I was crazy...and even asked me why I would want those old doors and that he hated old stuff...(music to my ears! :))

By the end of the day ,he had asked for my business card, asked if I could find old water lines and then explained all the properties he owns and that I could go hunt every single one of them, several which are in the very oldest part of town.! Yeehaw So just be polite, dont rush into begging for permission ,talk about them and the history of the place and always thank them ,even if they say no.

S

stefen

OLD BEARS LIKE HONEY TOO!

NOT BEING SEXIST...JUST AGREEING THAT BEING POLITE AND STRAIGHT FORWARD ALMOST ALWAYS IS THE BEST SOLUTION.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread