2nd Civil War find in my Yard this week & And a Bird Tag

DCMetal

Jun 3, 2014
Washington, DC
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best time to hunt-- after a big rain. It yielded some good finds this week.

I always come away with something when I detect in my backyard. I have found a few Civil War bullets and another one today. But I guess you call it a Miniball it has two bands around it and is sort of flat on one side.
image.jpg

The other day I also found what I believe could be part of an old dynamite stick.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Today was the Miniball the bird tag and in an identified object. I thought it was a cigarette lighter but it seems to have been encased at one point. I believe it's copper or brass.

Amazingly, The bird tag is the second one I have found in my yard. It's from a migratory bird project that was started in the 1950s.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Upvote 4
OP
OP
D

DCMetal

Jun 3, 2014
Washington, DC
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool yard, I would be out there all day. Congrats!
I'm out almost everyday for at least 30 minutes and this has gone on for about a year. I've even detected in the rain and snow. I never come up empty handed. That's also why I love it when it rains. After all of the digging, the earth shifts so much that I find things in places that I've gone over dozens of times. Thanks for looking!

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
NOTHER FRANK PERDUE OVEN STUFFER ROASTER DONE DISSAPEARED, DC METAL WAITING AND WATCHING FOR SOON OR LATER YOU COULD FIND BAYONET , BUTTON, NICE BUCKLE. LIKE I SAY YOU NOT GONNA FIND ANYTHING STARRING AT THE GROUND UNLESS WE DIG..................................

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread