2nd in series - pics of old CW Relic finds

*Dig-Dug*

Aug 13, 2008
Herndon, VA - Kill Devil Hills, NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Bandito II
I had opportunity to hunt some amazing sites mid to late 90' in and around the Fredericksburg, VA area. Places like Bragg Hill, Mossneck Plantation (Stonewall Jacksons winter HQ's after the battle of Fredericksburg 1862), Harris Farm, Gordon Road, Catharpin RD, Salem Church, Chancellorsville, White Oak White House, The Walnut Grove, North and South of the Burg such as Garrisonville, Aquia, Route one Stage coach road and several stops, Centerville, Dumfries, Fairfax, Richmond, etc..

Sword hangers, Harris Farm Battlefield (now the westfields subdivision), and Gordon Road House/camp site - Spotsylvania, VA​
DSCN2601.JPG
General Staff, Walnut Grove Camps, Stafford VA - Back Mark "Extra Quality"​
DSCN2600.JPG
Civilian "flower" type buttons - Fredericksburg​
DSCN2599.JPG
Civilian "flower" Buttons - Gordon road house site used as Revolutionary and CW Camp site - basket weave button back mark is "Kendrick & Co"​
DSCN2598.JPG
Western Theater Great Coat button - I bought this one from a friend - location of recovery is unknown​
DSCN2597.JPG
Georgia Militia Cuff - artillery emplacement Bragg Hill, Fredericksburg (now an apartment complex)​
DSCN2596.JPG
Michigan Militia cuff and coat - Walnut Grove Winter Camps, Stafford, VA (now a sub division) - backmarks are "Scovill Waterbury" and "Extra Quality" respectively​
DSCN2595.JPG
Massachusetts coat and cuff - Fredericksburg City site (house renovation on plane between Fredericksburg and Mayre's Heights)​
DSCN2594.JPG
General Service Calvery and Infantry - Smith Home site - Smith Station RD - (there is a Smith of the 9th VA Calvery buried on the property perhaps these belonged to him???)​
DSCN2593.JPG

Upvote 0

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Found my first, and probably only CW button the only day. I love it!!!

Yours are way better than my one button though.

VERY nice.

fortbball9

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTAx 550
You must have had some very nice places to hunt.Keep showing your great finds.

fortbball9

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You had some sweet places to dig..All the finds are fantastic.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread