Virginia Colony
Detector(s) used
DETECTORS: XP Deus WS-4, Garrett AT Pro and Pro-Pointer, Fisher CZ-5
TOOLS: Piranha shovel & R85 Military digger, both by Predator Tools
ATTIRE: Red Head brand Knee-High Waterproof Snake Boots
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
2nd Neckerchief Slide, Tiger Cub this time

Nothing fantastic, but this is my 2nd BSA neckerchief slide. Slide has fold over clips on the back. Based on what learned from the 1st slide I collected and posted, it is not that old. 1960's maybe? :dontknow:

slide2.jpg

thanks to everyone for making this a GREAT site. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Upvote 6
Still makes a good find. Was it found in the same area as the first one??
A few more and they will make up a nice display.
Congrats

Still makes a good find. Was it found in the same area as the first one??
A few more and they will make up a nice display.
Congrats

thanks! no, this was at a local church i have a permission at. out back. there may be more there. save that place for times like yesterday when it has to be a quick hunt bec of work or whatever. today i am headed into the woods near a civil war battle site. hoping to bring in some serious relics! thanks for commenting.

No matter what you find getting out to enjoy the weather and getting signals to investigate is fun. Hope you do find something. Nice slide. There will be many more especially if you get a chance to hunt a scout camp. I was at my fourth one yesterday but no slides as of yet at the newest one

Nice, they're always fun finding. I've got a yard next to a church the church owns. The church rents the yard to the local Scouts for their weekly meetings. We've got over 30 neckerchiefs from that yard so there might be more where your at.
They come up pretty loud on the AT Pro specially ones laying just below the surface. Lol

Nice, they're always fun finding. I've got a yard next to a church the church owns. The church rents the yard to the local Scouts for their weekly meetings. We've got over 30 neckerchiefs from that yard so there might be more where your at.
They come up pretty loud on the AT Pro specially ones laying just below the surface. Lol

yes, this one was only a few inches down. knew what it was this time when i saw it in the hole. last time, thought was a flattened ring of some sort. i did a quick search, hit it more later for sure. 100+ year old house on site too. working on the permission for that one.

No matter what you find getting out to enjoy the weather and getting signals to investigate is fun. Hope you do find something. Nice slide. There will be many more especially if you get a chance to hunt a scout camp. I was at my fourth one yesterday but no slides as of yet at the newest one

mid 60s here today so will be PERFECT. but, i plan on being DEEP in the woods looking for relics from battle of big bethel. me and the rattle snakes and copper heads. so be it.... thanks for commenting. good luck with the slides at your site. fun once u start a collection of them!

Excellent find and sweet condition! Congrats. -Lisa & John

Neat find:thumbsup: Just wear good boots out in the woods. In n.h. We have timber rattlers. I stepped on one under the leaves once,didn't bite through the leather. Scratched and gouged it pretty good though. I watch where I walk more carefully now8-)

Neat find:thumbsup: Just wear good boots out in the woods. In n.h. We have timber rattlers. I stepped on one under the leaves once,didn't bite through the leather. Scratched and gouged it pretty good though. I watch where I walk more carefully now8-)

ya, i wore my rubber boots today. not good for snakes. need wear my better boots. i am very careful. but, if they are under the leaves, nothing u can do there. why i left my dog at home. put in over 2 hours and NOTTA. no civil war anything and i was right in the area. better luck next time! lol

Excellent find and sweet condition! Congrats. -Lisa & John

thanks. enjoy finding them now that i am starting a collection!

Seeing these old neckerchief slides always brings back nice memories for me.

Thanks for posting!

Seeing these old neckerchief slides always brings back nice memories for me.

Thanks for posting!

i was never in the BSA, but we used to watch them through the windows at the school where they met. i may have to detect that area if i ever go back there. be cool to find one from that time period of late 1970's.

AH HA YOU TO CAN BE A CUB SCOUT TOOO .

don't anything about them. But I think they can be quite collectable. Good luck on the C.W hunt.

don't anything about them. But I think they can be quite collectable. Good luck on the C.W hunt.

no luck at all on the civil war dig. i was right there near where the battle took place. not in the right spot i guess. happens. may hit it again tomorrow.

I just noticed you live in Hampton. Allot of CW naval activity .. Keep looking man, you live in a good area. No telling what you might find around there being that close to the coast also.

Good luck on your CW digs....better wear leather tall boots for those snakes I wouldn't think the rubber boots would offer much protection.

Regards + HH

Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back