Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been hunting this same area for about a year and had never found one of these Prussian buttons with a lion on it until Friday. I went out this morning and found another one. Two in one week!!I think these buttons are from the late 1800s but I am not 100% sure. I guess I have used up all my luck now.LOL I did a fare amount of digging this morning. I found a nice 1938 Nazi coin. This was before they starting using poor metals for their coins(war effort) so it is in pretty good shape.I dug several lead tokens and a few common coins.It is always good to get out! I also dug some regular buttons and a small buckle .Hope to get out again soon. Hope all is well and Happy Hunting.

Attachments

• Apr29$01pbutton.jpg
    Apr29$01pbutton.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 289
  • Apr29$02coins.jpg
    Apr29$02coins.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 292
  • Apr29$05natzi.jpg
    Apr29$05natzi.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 246
  • Apr29$03relics.jpg
    Apr29$03relics.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 286
Upvote 0

Smartin

Feb 4, 2006
Kingston, Tennessee
Birdman,

Glad you got out to hunt. Congrats on the coinage. The germans really do make some nice coins! When ya coming back to the states? Guess you'll need your own Transporter for all the stuff you've found!(take a few years to save for that)

HH,
Smartin

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's some good stuff Bird!

Congrats on your finds....

;)

S

southbound

Hey Birdman, what is that ring made of? Maybe copper. I found one a couple weeks agoe with two initials engraved in it.
Vern

OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smartin, I am coming back in Dec. Won't know where I am going untill Auguest. ??? I hope I end up on the coast somewhere but I only get a small say so in it. :-\ Southbound, I think the ring is copper. It is pretty strange looking.

S

southbound

Do you know why they made copper rings back then? I tried to clean mine with not much luck. It won't shine.

R

rvbvetter

Very nice!! Wonder if those buttons have anything to do with the "Lion of Lucerne" Always enjoy seeing your finds. Keep em coming. WTG!! HH

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Nice finds ...I like that ring...Hope you get to live on the coast also.....And If I havent said it before..Thanks for all you do for our country!

Sand

May 20, 2005
Germany
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250; Minelab Explorer II
Nice button, birdman - all my friends like such lion buttons - as a result I never have many of them and I am very happy to find them too :).

HH
Sand

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread