Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
no, no silver or gold again but what a day. learned a little bit more about this awesome machine, the pin pointer works great and if you pay attention to the square on the screen, it along with the squealer lets you know how close you are to the target and even gives you a pretty good idea as to how close it is to the surface. At this site, so far, the 90's signals were actually quarters instead of cans which was good. was wondering about finding pull tabs, nickles and such as I look for the gold too and I found plenty of both as well as other things in the same range. again I was digging almost everything except for iron and after digging a lot of foil in one spot, backed off of it for a while. Again, I quit because my back was killing me, not because of arm fatigue, every time I would get slowly back up, it amazed me at how light the deus was. I am still using the Basic 1 and it is really fast on the response between targets. the wife really likes her upgrade, the AT GOLD and actually found a small silver pendant. I actually had a great find for the day but it was on the way to detect this morning. It was still way to cold for the wife, being 28 degrees so we killed a little time in town by stopping at the local Developmental resale store for the handicap. while waiting on the wife, I decided to check on the used watches to look for a better watch band for an older watch that I had to use since destroying my Seiko in the fall a couple of weeks ago. To my surprise, there was a really sharp looking Seiko that of course wasn't working for a $1. So for a dollar, I bought it and took it to a jeweler to see if a new battery would fix it and it did! got a better looking one for under $10 on the way to metal detect, not bad at all! With all of the awesome features of the deus, being able to collapse it to next to nothing and easily put it behind the seat of the truck or setting it up front and taking up no room at all is just plain ole sweet. I like the tones and will only get better and more confident each time I go out. I know that some of you lug around some pretty heavy machines and that's okay for the younger guys but boy is light nice! just saying

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread