2nd week of finds, 2nd post ever - silver at goodies at the park again!!

dgree

Greenie
Jun 16, 2012
Marathon, NY
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hit up the same park I hunted last week and spent an afternoon at a school further into town. The school was built in 1928.
I figure I'm either getting better at reading the signals my tracker II is giving out or I'm just getting luckier at this game, because I keep finding more and more stuff. I didn't locate any silver coins this week, but I keep reading that if I find wheats, I'm bound to find silver! I gotta get back out to the old school as soon as my schedule permits, now that classes are over I shouldn't have to wait until the afternoon to get hunting!

Alright! On to the spoils!!

I was able to locate .925 on both the interior of the charm and on the clasp of the chain - both dug within inches of one another:
DSC_0032.JPG DSC_0033.JPG

Damaged Indian:
DSC_0035.JPG

Ring marked "Sterling ESPO" ends up its a company the made costume jewelry starting in '51:
DSC_0276.JPG DSC_0279.JPG

Another ring marked .925 - missing the stone, though!!
DSC_0280.JPG DSC_0281.JPG

Silver pin?? Cant find markings on it anywhere!!
DSC_0285.JPG DSC_0286.JPG

Old copper button:
DSC_0284.JPG DSC_0283.JPG

9 Wheats in total, oldest date is 1928, I actually found 4 in the same hole!!
DSC_0287.JPG

Broken Belt Buckle marked "1974" on the back - Man, I would've liked to have found this baby intact!
DSC_0289.JPG DSC_0290.JPG

Thanks for looking everyone!! I will certainly upload again next week as my quest for treasure hunting glory continues! I plan on getting something like an Ace 350 in the next month or so. I want to make sure I get plenty of hunting in this summer and fall because winter is really gonna kick us out of the hobby up there in the North East. >.<

Upvote 1

GoGoGopher

Jun 24, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac - 11" Pro, 6" EQ2 coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK...Forget you coming up here to hunt...We are coming down there...lol.
Great finds!

HH,

Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
May 11, 2010
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice stuff! If you find wheaties, you are definitely in the silver coin range... After the last wheat penny they made silver coins for another 6 years... that indian seals the deal. If that is there, there HAS to be a silver coin there! Last night I got a '40 merc at 6 inches but had to dig out the crusty zincoln penny that was 4" above it... not an easy signal to decipher. Work slow and when in doubt dig it out.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CONGRATS ON FINDS

Top Member Reactions