What's new

3 boxes of halves - Walker x2 + weird gold 1974 Kennedy

CardsNCoins

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2010
Messages
1,024
Reaction score
192
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Box #1
1 - 1934 Walking Liberty
1 - 1942 Walking Liberty
2 - 1964
1 - 1966
1 - 1968

Box #2
Skunk

Box #3
1 - 1967
2 - 1969

What a great feeling finding 1 Walking Liberty, but who would have thought there would be a 2nd one in the box. There was also a 1974 super shiny gold Kennedy in the 1st box, and it's weird because it has 1961 and 1981 stamped over in God and we trust. I have scanned it next to a dull gold plated 1974 (that was actually in box 3) and the difference in shine is very noticeable.

Does anyone know anything about this 1974 gold Kennedy with the 2 extra dates stamped on it? Is it most likely that 1961 and 1981 were stamped on it in the secondary market after it was minted?

GoldKennedys.jpg


Any info is greatly appreciated.

HH

Nick

Edited to add scan.
 
Upvote 0
Plated and over stamped post Mint. This was done in 1981 to honor the 20th anniversary of JFK's inauguration.
 
DigginThe ChristmasPast said:
Plated and over stamped post Mint. This was done in 1981 to honor the 20th anniversary of JFK's inauguration.

Thanks for the quick help DTCP. Is that a best guess or fact? If fact, I would love to know if there is a publication I could purchase that contains information like this.

Also, again if fact, is there any value above 50 cents, or is it just a keeper for it's uniqueness (unique to me at least).

Nick
 
It is a fact but I don't have the source to back it up. :tongue3:

I have seen newspaper/magazine scans of the advertisements, probably was on here and someone may come along with it. I'll look around later for the ad if no one turns up with it. :icon_thumright:

No significant value over face. Maybe a couple bucks as a curiosity on a site like ebay.
 
here you go
 

Attachments

  • index.webp
    index.webp
    35.3 KB · Views: 392
  • index.webp
    index.webp
    35.3 KB · Views: 392
Thank you coolpix9.
 
Cool, thanks for the info. I got one a few years ago and saved it. Tossed it in with the MD finds.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom