What's new

3 boxes today- 9-2-09

jim4silver

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2008
Messages
3,662
Reaction score
496
Golden Thread
0
Got my 3 Brinks boxes today.

Only 1-64 Kennedy. Very BU looking.

It was showing on an end when I opened the box. I thought it was gonna be a great score. The other two boxes were skunks.

Anyone ever notice that silvers seem to wind up on the ends of rolls at a higher percentage compared to clads?

I have had a other boxes in the past where there were only 1 or 2 keepers and they were on the ends of rolls.

The only explanation I could think of is that maybe their higher weight causes them to somehow wind up on the ends of the rolls during the rolling process?

Jim
 
Upvote 0
:thumbsup: It is exciting to find a silver at the end of a roll. It could be the "Big One" or at the very least you know it's not a skunk box.

HH

Rich
 
I got a Box once, 1st roll opened had 11 in it but Box only yielded 28, a good Box but what a let down.
 
I don't understand it either. Yesterday, I went through a low-yielding box. Found nothing at all through most of it, then finally found a single 40%. At least it's not a skunk, I thought to my own bad self. A few rolls further into it and there were three 40% in one roll. That was ALL the silver in the box! So, out of 1,000 coins, three of the four silvers were in one roll?? What the heck??
- Grizz
 
My last box had one 40%er on the end and that was the only silver in the box. Another box a short time back had most of the silver packed into 5 or 6 rolls. It might be interesting to do a test to see if the number of silver coins found on the end of rolls works out to 1 in 10.
 
grizz.. i am getting the silvers out of two or three rolls for the whole box lately now also!!! what is the change..? I actually had three in the first roll and then none of the entire box? it sure got my heart pumping as the last time I had that was my good box a few months ago!
 
I had a skunk box this week that had two almost perfect proof coins in the box and both were on ends. I thought I might see a whole string of them when I saw the twp but alas only two. Strange things happen! Actually I'm getting my fill of proofs and am only keeping the perfect ones. I still think the 1 to 10 ratio is still a pretty good gauge. I had another box that had 3 silvers on the end and the box had 32 total. Not always true but even when I see one showing I'm just glad knowing I won't get skunked.

Maine_Jim
 
Same happened with wheats for me. Once found one on the end of the roll, ended up only getting 6 wheats.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom