foundation hunter Full Member Joined Jun 2, 2009 Messages 193 Reaction score 5 Golden Thread 0 Location Terryville Detector(s) used Whites Eagle Spectrum Oct 29, 2009 #1 found all 3 buckles in the same hole,need help I.D them.I found some writing it says GROUM MAKE,the buckle is 2 inches long. thanks gary Attachments buckle 004.webp 108.5 KB · Views: 335 buckle 007.webp 90.3 KB · Views: 339 2 010.webp 75 KB · Views: 297
found all 3 buckles in the same hole,need help I.D them.I found some writing it says GROUM MAKE,the buckle is 2 inches long. thanks gary
jgas Silver Member Joined Apr 23, 2008 Messages 3,826 Reaction score 2,753 Golden Thread 1 Location Midwesterner 🥇 Banner finds 1 Detector(s) used DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer Oct 29, 2009 #2 Looks colonial to me. But I am Moron! Nice finds. Someone will chime in here...jgas Upvote 0
vayank54 Silver Member Joined Oct 11, 2009 Messages 2,738 Reaction score 26 Golden Thread 0 Location Northern VA Detector(s) used Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola Oct 29, 2009 #3 I don't know how big they are but they look like suspender buckles Upvote 0
Tony in SC Gold Member Joined Jun 8, 2006 Messages 6,428 Reaction score 9,296 Golden Thread 0 Location Upstate South Carolina Detector(s) used Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Oct 29, 2009 #4 Looks like CROWN Make. I'd say suspender or overalls. Looks very old. Tony Upvote 0
vayank54 Silver Member Joined Oct 11, 2009 Messages 2,738 Reaction score 26 Golden Thread 0 Location Northern VA Detector(s) used Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola Oct 29, 2009 #5 Duh I didn't see the bottom pic with the name. They are suspender or overall buckles. Probably early 1900's. I'm thinking that because of the type of lettering on the makers name. Upvote 0
Duh I didn't see the bottom pic with the name. They are suspender or overall buckles. Probably early 1900's. I'm thinking that because of the type of lettering on the makers name.
kuger Gold Member Joined Nov 6, 2007 Messages 9,732 Reaction score 2,803 Golden Thread 0 Detector(s) used ,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Oct 29, 2009 #6 Yes Crown Make were Clothiers,suspenders,Late 1800's-early 1900's Upvote 0
trikikiwi Silver Member Joined Oct 5, 2006 Messages 3,547 Reaction score 655 Golden Thread 0 Location New Zealand Detector(s) used Minelab Sovereign GT Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Oct 30, 2009 #7 A great find fh Do we call that a 'Buckle Spill', or an 'old pair of overalls' ? Mike Edit: Also, excellent pics, Thanks. Upvote 0
A great find fh Do we call that a 'Buckle Spill', or an 'old pair of overalls' ? Mike Edit: Also, excellent pics, Thanks.