What's new

3 Cent Silver, gold, Indians and more

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2013
Messages
1,544
Reaction score
2,779
Golden Thread
2
Location
New York
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was actually going to call it a 2 cent silver as part is broken off. This is what I pulled my last couple of hunts. Both were at the same park with a couple of my detector buddies, Taltahull and Diggin Dude. Although the Indian were nothing special, there were 11 of them. The 1852 3 cent silver is a bucket list item. The 1896 Barber dime is a better date. Of course, we all love finding gold. This piece is 18k. As the Pope is coming to NY this week I needed something to wear : ) The toasted LC came out of a spot I checked in the woods on my way home the other day.

20150920_092513 medal.webp

20150919_080548medal in dirt.webp

20150921_065833 indians.webp

20150921_065919 barber and 3 cent.webp

20150921_065936 barber reverse.webp

20150921_070035 silver.webp

20150921_072154 LC obverse.webp

20150921_070018 LC reverse.webp

20150921_065952 washingtons.webp
 
Upvote 60
Wow what a hunt thats awesome, gold, silver, IH'S nice job brother....:occasion14:
 
Very well done, as usual. Congrats on all of the sweet finds.
 
Really nice assortment of finds !! That's a nice tribe for sure. Congrats on the half trime and rest of your silver. I love the gold pendant and 18K to boot !!
 
Awesome finds, those 3 centers are small enough as is, and to locate one that's broken is cool, nice gold too!
 
Great finds Don !!! I witnessed your gold pendent find, it was great we both found gold Saturday. Great Indians and silver finds. Love that Large Cent also. Way to go! I look forward to hunting again with you soon. HH
 
That trime looks more like a two cent silver to me - great old coins !
 
Wow i thought i had good days your day is amazing !
 
I am so glad for you as well as envious. Fantastic hunt with a fist full of keepers. You darn near dug a whole tribe of indians. :notworthy:
 
That was an amazing hunt- a huge congrats to you. Still looking for my first 3-cent ANYTHING! That Barber dime looks to be in nice shape- worth some decent money in higher grades. Continued success to you!

-- Jeff --
 
I would love to have a day like that. Great job! I like all those IHP's.
 
You had yourself a really good day out digging, liking the silvers.
 
Great hunt! Congrats!
 
Gz on the gold!
 
Gold, silver and Indians awesome hunt
 
That was an amazing hunt- a huge congrats to you. Still looking for my first 3-cent ANYTHING! That Barber dime looks to be in nice shape- worth some decent money in higher grades. Continued success to you!

-- Jeff --

Thanks Jeff. You're right about the Barber dime. Price on the 1896 starts out and then jumps quickly compared to the common Barber dimes. It was also my first 3 cent piece after 35 years of detecting. Found 5 two cent pieces just this year, but the 3 cent has been elusive.
 
wonderful day right there man!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom